• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Reviews tab as 1st tab?

kontrabass

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
Hi Bob! I have a strange feeling I asked this question a long time ago, but I can't find it and I don't remember your answer.... Is there any way to show the Reviews tab FIRST, when an item has reviews? Our showcase is going to be a gear reviews area and users are going to want to see reviews first, then click a "more info" tab for specs if desired. Or if not maybe show reviews AFTER the other info on the 1st tab? I'd just prefer if users weren't an extra click away from the item's reviews.

Thanks!

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That would take custom development (quite a bit actually). The Reviews (User Reviews) part of showcase is actually an action of the controller (its own fully rendered and controlled "page"). You'd have to pretty much move comments to its onw page like the user reviews are now and move the user reviews to how the comments are now.

I plan on doing showcase A LOT different when having to rebuild it for XF 2.0

Hi @Bob .

I'd be really interested in this too. I'm using it for reviews systes and would prefer reviews to display under the 'About' tab on the same page as the item information.

Thanks,
Rob.

Moved this from the support forum into Future Suggestions as it is something that will be looked into when architecture changes are being considered.

This feature is maybe moot with the recent reviews being added to the main tab in the next release.

This feature is maybe moot with the recent reviews being added to the main tab in the next release.

That would take custom development (quite a bit actually). The Reviews (User Reviews) part of showcase is actually an action of the controller (its own fully rendered and controlled "page"). You'd have to pretty much move comments to its onw page like the user reviews are now and move the user reviews to how the comments are now.

I plan on doing showcase A LOT different when having to rebuild it for XF 2.0
Moved this from the support forum into Future Suggestions as it is something that will be looked into when architecture changes are being considered.

Back