• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

[resolved] links get flagged by spam system?

electrogypsy

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Hey there, I'm testing showcase 3.0.0 Beta 2 with XF 2.0.10, and when editing an item, i decided to try and see if i could throw a youtube link in (to see if SC would use s9e's addon to auto-embed) and I got a message saying:

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

seems i can't complete the submission due to this, and i couldn't find an option or user permission that seemed relevant to this, but maybe i'm just missing it?

I'm testing showcase 3.0.0 Beta 2
Please upgrade to SC 3.0.0 Beta 4 as there has been significant changes since Beta 2. Its very important to stay current when testing with Beta.

Sounds like you have some spam protection enabled in the spam management section of your site. Go to Admin CP > Options > Spam Management. See if any Spam Phrases are being triggered. You can also go to Admin CP > Logs > Spam Trigger Log. Might have a more detailed explanation there.

The Spam System is 100% core XF, so the only thing I can think of is that the You Tube link you are using has something in the URL, Title, Meta Description that is kicking the spam trigger. SC comments system is 99% a CLONE of XFMG (and there is nothing unique to SC comments and spammer triggering, that's all core XF).

Can you inbox me the exact You Tube LINK. I want to see if I can replicate it.

hmm not sure what could be causing it, i tried it with a different youtube link after upgrading to beta 4 with the same result.

but, next i disabled all addons except showcase and the link wasn't flagged again. so obviously another addon is causing this. i'll have to dig a little more to see which one.

i'm using the s9e addon to auto embed youtube links and whatnot, but i notice it doesnt work in showcase. any way i could get that to work?

Go to Admin CP > Options > Spam Management. See if any Spam Phrases are being triggered. You can also go to Admin CP > Logs > Spam Trigger Log. Might have a more detailed explanation there.

i forgot to do this until today, and you are correct, there was something weird in my spam settings. mainly this line:

Code:
http:\/\/r.tapatalk.com\/byo)/i

must have been a leftover from when i was using tapatalk for my forum (quite a while ago). I've removed it and both s9e and showcase are working fine together, so we can mark this solved. apologizes if i wasted your time at all!

Reactions: Bob
Back