• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Removing Showcase

gazhyde

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi Bob,

I'm finding that Showcase isn't really being used as much as I'd like on my site, so I'm looking to retire it and do something a little differently when AMS is released to showcase members cars. Frustratingly only 3 or so out of the 45 submitted ever get updated.

What's the best way of going about removing it? Currently all showcases are linked to a thread, so I was thinking I could copy the info from the "General Information" tab and paste it in the 1st post of the associated thread.

What will happen to the remaining information, attached images etc when I remove Showcase? Will they be left on the server or will they be removed?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Gaz

What's the best way of going about removing it?
Uninstalling is the only way to properly remove the addon, however, when you uninstall, it deletes everything associated with it (data and attachments), so I'd really think twice before uninstalling it. You'll also have to manually remove files from your server (which is just a matter of removing 3 Showcase specific directories which I can let you know which specific ones)

What will happen to the remaining information, attached images etc when I remove Showcase? Will they be left on the server or will they be removed?
Attachments that are uploaded to showcase are OWNED by showcase, so when showcase is uninstalled, so are those attachments. The Database Tables that store Showcase information are deleted as well as fields in core XF tables. Integrated data such as LIKES, TAGS, Reports, NewsFeeds, Alerts etc are also deleted.

IMO, its best to just inactivate the addon. I do have plans to convert Showcase Items into Discussion Threads (as well as Showcase to AMS importer and vice versa), so that might come in handy for you in the future.

IMO, its best to just inactivate the addon.
That would certainly do what I need right now. Will need to do some work on redirecting some of the links generated.

Thanks for now Bob, may swing back with more questions later once I've done some more thinking!

Reactions: Bob
Back