1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Removing Showcase

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by gazhyde, Aug 18, 2015.

1. gazhyde

gazhyde New Member AMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

Hi Bob,

I'm finding that Showcase isn't really being used as much as I'd like on my site, so I'm looking to retire it and do something a little differently when AMS is released to showcase members cars. Frustratingly only 3 or so out of the 45 submitted ever get updated.

What's the best way of going about removing it? Currently all showcases are linked to a thread, so I was thinking I could copy the info from the "General Information" tab and paste it in the 1st post of the associated thread.

What will happen to the remaining information, attached images etc when I remove Showcase? Will they be left on the server or will they be removed?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Gaz

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Uninstalling is the only way to properly remove the addon, however, when you uninstall, it deletes everything associated with it (data and attachments), so I'd really think twice before uninstalling it. You'll also have to manually remove files from your server (which is just a matter of removing 3 Showcase specific directories which I can let you know which specific ones)

Attachments that are uploaded to showcase are OWNED by showcase, so when showcase is uninstalled, so are those attachments. The Database Tables that store Showcase information are deleted as well as fields in core XF tables. Integrated data such as LIKES, TAGS, Reports, NewsFeeds, Alerts etc are also deleted.

IMO, its best to just inactivate the addon. I do have plans to convert Showcase Items into Discussion Threads (as well as Showcase to AMS importer and vice versa), so that might come in handy for you in the future.

alfa1 likes this.
  3. gazhyde

gazhyde New Member AMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

That would certainly do what I need right now. Will need to do some work on redirecting some of the links generated.

Thanks for now Bob, may swing back with more questions later once I've done some more thinking!

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.