• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Parent Categories and Child Permissions

beanfan78

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Just a quick questions that I can't seem to find a quick answer to. I admit I am not the best sleuth. I set up the parent categories and I am curious if my settings for the parent category also applies to the sub-category? Or is each category regardless has it's own settings and nothing is transferred.

I am trying to set my categories up better and figured I would ask instead of assuming. TIA!

Okay so to each their own. Nothing more than a category tree that just relates position and nothing more if I understand correctly. I am glad I asked. I was thinking about usergroup permissions and how they can stack and wondered if it was the same in the categories. Thanks for the quick response!

Reactions: Bob
Back