• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved [Ozzy fixed the bug in his Badges Addon] Issue with Showcase Item count Criteria and Member Upgrades

DaveM

Showcase
I am trying to get my members upgraded when they have added X amount of items to Showcase. I am using the criteria below and have it set to 1. However it does not seem to be doing anything. My member is online and has been for most of today.

upload_2022-1-21_16-42-3.png

These are the members stats

upload_2022-1-21_16-55-20.png

I have also manually run the cron

upload_2022-1-21_16-56-45.png

upload_2022-1-21_16-58-19.png

Last edited:
If you are asking me if there is anything wrong with the CRITERIA, the answer is no. Showcase does not in anyway, control Promotions, that is 100% Core XF.

The criteria is SIMPLE, it just checks to see if the xa_sc_item_count field in the xf_user table meets the criteria that you set.

An easy way to test criteria is by creating a NOTICE with the same criteria. I am sure YOU have at least 1 Showcase Item, so create a notice and use that same criteria and you should see the notice. I just tested this on FIVE of my sites that use showcase and the notice displays, which means there is nothing wrong with the Criteria "Showcase: user has added at least X items".

Give that a quick test :)

I just tested this on FIVE of my sites that use showcase and the notice displays, which means there is nothing wrong with the Criteria "Showcase: user has added at least X items".

Selection_555.png

As you can see, I see this notice, because I've added at least 1 showcase item. So the Criteria "Showcase: User has added at least X items" works just fine. Criteria either works or it doesn't (its a shared system that is used in Notices, Trophies, Promotions etc...

Selection_556.png

Also works fine for Awarding Trophies... so ya, if there was a problem with the Criteria, it would not work AT ALL. It does't work for Notices and Trophies and NOT promotions.

Selection_557.png

Selection_558.png

Selection_559.png

btw, User Group Promotions work just fine as well. I created a new User Group called "Test Group", then I created a new User Group Promotion titled "Promotion to Test Group" and set the criteria to "Showcase: User has added at least X items" and let the system do its thing and I just was promoted into that new user group.

Selection_560.png

If you'd like me to troubleshoot on your site, start a conversation with me and provide me with admin CP login credentials to your site (I will need all the appropriate admin permissions). I can do this tomorrow for you :)

If you'd like me to troubleshoot on your site, start a conversation with me and provide me with admin CP login credentials to your site (I will need all the appropriate admin permissions). I can do this tomorrow for you :)

@Bob Thanks a ton Ozzy has issues an update for his add on and now it works. This one got me as the upgrade was for the Badges add on :giggle:

Not sure if i should start another thread, so decided to post here instead.

i just got the Showcase add-on and have uploaded it to occ.xenforo.cloud....

...then this happened:

Screenshot_2023-07-05-10-00-11-49_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg Screenshot_2023-07-05-10-00-24-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

i genuinely have absolutely no idea what any of this actually means.
May i please request advice for how to proceed.
Thank you in advance.

If it only happened once, then it probably was due to a race condition during the install process and you can safely delete the error.

Were you able to complete the install of Showcase?

If it only happened once, then it probably was due to a race condition during the install process and you can safely delete the error.

Oh cool, thank you. That's actually quite a relief.

i had uninstalled the add-on immediately after the notice appeared and was awaiting further advice—so i'll go try the install again now and will let ya know how it goes.

Cheers mate, i really do appreciate the help.

Reactions: Bob

i've reinstalled and disregarded the error notice this time.

As far as i can tell, everything around the forum is functioning as is intended.

i should add that i haven't had time to test anything out properly just yet, but if any issues happen to arise i'll expedite providing all available details here.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Bob
Sorry to pester ya about this again, i've actually been trying to figure out a solution via OzzMods too.

When i've tried to set-up an actual Showcase thing, when i hit Save— this same error keeps occurring.
Screenshot_2023-07-06-14-41-08-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg Screenshot_2023-07-06-14-41-24-66_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Painbaker was kind enough to attempt an upgrade of [OzzMods] Content Badges and i did install that this morning.

However it apparently hasn't been able to resolve whatever is causing this.

*i've just asked Painbaker or OzzMods what they would advise too.

*i'm definitely not in any rush, so please take your time.

Cheers

Back