• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved No results found

Sadiq6210

Showcase
Hello Bob,

Recently we upgraded from XF1.5.8 to XF2.1.4 and upgraded SC2.x to SC3.x, today we noticed that we are not able to search in SC3 items, I tried to search using many words that exist in items titles but every time I am getting (no results found).

I already Rebuilt SC caches, however, we did not rebuild Xenforo caches after we upgraded to XF2.
- Should we rebuild Xenforo "search index cache" to solve SC search issue?
- If yes, is it safe to do it? We have ~ 1M posts.
- If yes, should we select this option :"Delete the index before rebuilding"?

Since XF 1.0, you've been able to rebuild the search index for individual content types, so just rebuild the search index for the 4 showcase content types:

Admin CP >> Tools >> Rebuild caches >> Rebuild search index >> Content type >> Showcase comments
Admin CP >> Tools >> Rebuild caches >> Rebuild search index >> Content type >> Showcase items
Admin CP >> Tools >> Rebuild caches >> Rebuild search index >> Content type >> Showcase ratings
Admin CP >> Tools >> Rebuild caches >> Rebuild search index >> Content type >> Showcase rating replies

If yes, is it safe to do it? We have ~ 1M posts.
Posts only come into play if you choose content type (All) or content type Posts.

should we select this option :"Delete the index before rebuilding"?
No, you would only do that if you choose the content type option (All).

Note: Its not going to HURT anything to run a rebuild. They are tools to make sure that specific data is correct (like making sure content types are fully indexed). You can run then at any time.

Back