• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Issue with 1.5.0 upgrade

CMGupdates

AMS Premium
RMS Premium
Showcase
I upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.5, I rebuilt all caches, and saved all options

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xxx_xenforo.xf_nflj_ams_series' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

ErrorException: Undefined index: ams_series_count - library/NFLJ/AMS/ControllerPublic/Author.php:229

Did I forget to rebuild something?

I upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.5, I rebuilt all caches, and saved all options

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xxx_xenforo.xf_nflj_ams_series' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

ErrorException: Undefined index: ams_series_count - library/NFLJ/AMS/ControllerPublic/Author.php:229

Did I forget to rebuild something?
There are 3 new Tables, 4 Alter statements and 1 update statement in the AMS 1.5.0 Upgrade

The upgrade never ran the SQL in the Installer during the upgrade process. This can happen when using an Auto Installer and having over aggressive server cache that isn't flushed so that the XML uses the NEW install.php file (even sometimes happens when not using an auto installer and the files are cached).

I can fix the DB easy enough if you inbox me phpMyAdmin access (or cPanel access so I can get to phpMyAdmin). Only takes me a few minutes and you'll be up and running again :)

Unfortunately we do use a cache - but the access is the part that is the problem (no cpanel, no frontend ). Would it be better to try to run the install myself?

Unfortunately, without having access to the DB so that I can evaluate the situation, I have no idea what is missing and what isn't without looking.

SQL queries will need to be run (either via some web interface like phpMyAdmin or command line), its not something running the XML again resolve so DB access is required whether its me that accesses the DB, you that accesses the DB or someone else that accesses the DB.

Step 1 is looking at the DB to see what (if any) of the SQL was run. Missing tables are easy to identify as they stick out like a sore thumb. Missing individual fields takes a bit more time as you have to evaluate each table (knowing which tables to look at is required knowledge). This is a pretty easy step for me because I know what I am looking for. Anyone else would not know what to look for unless they looked at the installer to see all the version steps.

Step 2 is fixing anything found in step 1. This could be simply running some SQL statements OR in rare cases, require some tricky work around involving needing to create a php file to run some functions (in case a DataWriter or complex SQL update needs to be run). In your case, its probably just running 3 create table SQL statements, 4 Alter statements and 1 update statement.

Best I can do is provide you with the raw SQL in the installer that you can try and run on your own (which is not something I will post in public). I'll send you an inbox on my next break.

Thank you Bob, I am decently savvy when it comes to db stuff, so I can review the tables that should be there and in the xml installer. I know for the future to disable caching when installing.

Back