• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Media tags show when posting a video

Renada

Showcase
When posting a youtube video the media tags are displayed on the Showcase homepage. Is there a way to remove these?

You'd have to modify core xenforo to change that behavior. Mike and Kier have both said that they won't be removing that.

hmm I don't think I explained myself properly. Did you mean this (see image) won't be fixed?

showcase.PNG

On the Showcase homepage it displays the tag itself - is that Xenforo doing that?

Yes, that is core xenforo functionality. It strips the BBCODE/HTML and replaces it with [attach], [img], [media] etc...

Im thinking about adding another field to the items table that would allow you to store HTML (not BBCODE) for an item summary/description that would be used for display in those areas. Would stop people from using Smiles and all the BBCODE issues. If I do it, it will first check to see if there is a summary/description and use that, if its NULL, then it would resort to using the Body of the first tab as summary content (like it is now).

Back