• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Partially Implemented Landing page for New User Reviews

MrDeranged

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
I'm using showcase for item reviews. One thing I've noticed is that other than the block on the forum home for "most recent user reviews", there's no way to see all "new user reviews". For users to scroll through every item and to remember how many reviews each had to tell if there was a new one, not very user friendly. I know that I can increase the number of "new user reviews" in the forum home block, but I'm kinda happy with just showing 2 at this time.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
To be fair, you are not correct in saying that FORUM HOME is the only place, so I need to point that out to anyone else that reads this and gets the wrong impression.
  • Showcase HOME has its OWN "User Reviews" sidebar block with its own configuration settings.
  • Showcase Category Pages also have their own sidebar block for User Reviews with its own options settings. The Recent User Reviews blocks on the Categories purposely only display reviews within that category (unlike Showcase Home, Forum Home, CTA FT and Widgets).
  • That brings up [bd] widget framework. Not only can you create several different Recent Reviews Widgets, you can also create a Widget Page using nothing but the Recent User Reviews widget.
  • CTA Fetured Threads & Portal also has the same block as forum home does.
  • NixFifty developed XenPorta2 blocks for it.
So there ARE currently several ways of displaying recent user reviews.

As far as "user friendly", users are able to WATCH Items and Categories. When they do, they will receive Alerts/Emails when new Reviews are made. If they are THAT interested in an item (or category), surely they will WATCH it. New Reviews are also posted to the news feed in order to expose them to those that actually use the newsfeed system.

With that said, I DO like the idea of having a standalone page for User Reviews (and might even do one for comments), so this stands a good chance at getting implemented sooner rather than later.

Sorry if it came across that way @Bob, that was totally not my intention. I know there are other locations, I was really just focusing on forum home

I'm more concerned with a way to get to the new reviews from forum home from a "stock" perspective. I don't use CTA FT or any widget framework, so the fact that there are widgets is unfortunately of no use to me.

Users may be interested in reviews, but not interested enough to watch an item or category

Thank you for your consideration :)

I'm more concerned with a way to get to the new reviews from forum home
Well, a link will be in the Showcase Navigation Links (which are everywhere). I also would put a link in the sidebar block Header which would take the viewing user directly to the Recent Reviews (or Recent Comments) landing page. Other than that (Links), what else is there?

Well, a link will be in the Showcase Navigation Links (which are everywhere). I also would put a link in the sidebar block Header which would take the viewing user directly to the Recent Reviews (or Recent Comments) landing page. Other than that (Links), what else is there?

Those would be perfect. :D My previous post was more my frame of mind when I originally posted the request.

Back