• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Answered Is it possible to change the 'ubs' world in the url (to blogs)?

NaNa

UBS
Hi @Bob
Is it possible to change the 'ubs' world in the url (to blogs)?
For SEO reasons I think it would be better...

Solution
Yes, XenForo has a ROUTE FILTER system that lets you do that.

Admin CP >> Setup >> Navigation >> Route filters >> [Add route filter]

Here you can see that on this test site, I've created several route filters, one of them being for the route ubs.

Selection_958.png

This route filter that I created is the same as the one that you want to create. Just copy how I did it below :)

Selection_959.png
Yes, XenForo has a ROUTE FILTER system that lets you do that.

Admin CP >> Setup >> Navigation >> Route filters >> [Add route filter]

Here you can see that on this test site, I've created several route filters, one of them being for the route ubs.

Selection_958.png

This route filter that I created is the same as the one that you want to create. Just copy how I did it below :)

Selection_959.png

Solution
If there is a URS like this: /ubs/authors/nana.2/awaiting-publishing

should I make route filters separately to
ubs/
authors/
awaiting-publishing

or
/ubs/authors/
?

If there is a URS like this: /ubs/authors/nana.2/awaiting-publishing
Creating the route filter as shown above will change that to /blogs/authors/nana.2/awaiting-publishing

should I make route filters separately to
ubs/
authors/
awaiting-publishing
No, you can not do that. ubs is a ROUTE the others are actions in a controller. authors is an action in the controller. awaiting-publishing is an action in the controller.

or
/ubs/authors/
?
No, you don't have to do this. You already created a Route Filter for the ROUTE ubs. Any URLs that use the route ubs, will now use the route filter blogs. so /ubs/authors will become /blogs/authors.

Back