• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

How to manage tags in edit item page

Dadparvar

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,

How can set permission to a usergroup to let them manage tags in any item (even items by others).
Now just there is an option to "Manage tags by others in own item". Is it possible to "Manage tags by others in their own items"?

Regards

How to manage tags in edit item page
Showcase is using the Core XenForo Tags handler and following the same implementation as was done for Threads, Resources and Media.
Selection_342.png

How can set permission to a usergroup to let them manage tags in any item (even items by others).
Manage tags by anyone is a MODERATOR permission and follows the SAME EXACT PERMISSION as Core XF (and the XFRM and XFMG). If you look at the Showcase Moderator Permissions, you will see it between Edit Comments by anyone and Delete Items.

Selection_344.png

Now just there is an option to "Manage tags by others in own item". Is it possible to "Manage tags by others in their own items"?
HUH? This statement makes no sense. You make a statement saying that there is a Permission named "Manage tags by others in own item" and then ask if it is possible to do that. That IS what the permission does.

The permission "Manage tags by others in own item" means that the Item author can edit the tags on their own items and remove tags that other members added to the item. This works the same way in Threads, Resources (XFRM) and Media (XFMG)

There are THREE Showcase USER permissions for Tags:
Selection_343.png

Tag Item by self: This means that the viewing user can tag their OWN items
Tag Item by anyone: This means the viewing user can tag ANY showcase items
Manage tags by others in own item: means that the Item author can edit the tags on their own items and remove tags that other members added to the item.

There is ONE Showcase MODERATOR permission for Tags:
Selection_344.png

Manage tags by anyone: Means that the viewing user can edit and remove tags on ANY showcase item.

Aha.
I found why I couldn't edit the tags, although I had the permission of "Manage tags by anyone".
When you set "Item Tags Options" to "Display Location: Sidebar", the "Edit" button won't be appeared next to tags. Is is a bug?
But when you set it to "Display Location: below Content" or "Display Location: Header (below Title)", it will show the "edit" button next to tags.

When you set "Item Tags Options" to "Display Location: Sidebar", the "Edit" button won't be appeared next to tags. Is is a bug?
This is as designed. I explained this in the suggestion thread for this functionality.

You MIGHT want to spend some time reading through the implemented suggestions forum as I explain details (with images) about the functionality that has been implemented.

Back