• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Answered How do I enable the Convert Article to Thread function?

The Convert Article to Thread function is a AMS Article Moderator Only function and requires the AMS Article Moderator Permission "Convert article to thread".

Selection_497.png

If the viewing user is a moderator and they have the appropriate permissions (Edit article and Convert article to thread) and the article is not in "draft" or "awaiting publishing", then they will see the action link "Convert to thread" in the more options dropdown menu of a given article...

Selection_496.png

The Convert Article to Thread function is a AMS Article Moderator Only function and requires the AMS Article Moderator Permission "Convert article to thread".

View attachment 9317

If the viewing user is a moderator and they have the appropriate permissions (Edit article and Convert article to thread) and the article is not in "draft" or "awaiting publishing", then they will see the action link "Convert to thread" in the more options dropdown menu of a given article...

View attachment 9316
Thanks, I have the permissions but it didn't work on articles in unapproved or draft state. Is there a way to make it possible? Often I am converting to thread because it doesn't meet article criteria.

Thanks, I have the permissions but it didn't work on articles in unapproved or draft state. Is there a way to make it possible? Often I am converting to thread because it doesn't meet article criteria.
It should work for unapproved (in the approval queue with the state 'moderated'). I stated in my reply that it won't work for articles in DRAFT or AWAITING (which is a draft that is scheduled to be auto published in the future).

This is the permissions check function. The only two article states that are not allowed are 'draft' and 'awaiting', the other states ('visible', 'deleted', 'moderated') are allowed.

PHP:
    public function canConvertToThread(&$error = null)
    {
        $visitor = \XF::visitor();

if (in_array($this->article_state, ['draft','awaiting']))
        {
            return false;
        }

return (
            $visitor->user_id
            && $this->hasPermission('editAny')
            && $this->hasPermission('convertToThread')
        );
    }

Back