• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Beta Convert Thread to Classified Ad

Bob

Developer
Staff member
I've decided to take some time and implement this in CAS 2.2 vs waiting for XF 2.3 or XF 3.0.

Keep in mind, this will be considered BETA and Unsupported for at least a few maintenance releases!

Note: Beta = Not Supported, so please TEST with dummy content before attempting to use on live content!

This is a FORUM Moderator Function, which requires the FORUM Moderator permission to convert thread to classified ad. This function also requires standard CAS Create Ad permissions.

Selection_260.png

If the viewing user has the appropriate permissions to convert the thread to a classified ad, the link will be displayed in the Thread Tools More options dropdown.

Selection_169.png

As mentioned, this is a multi-step processes due to needing to choose the CAS Category in order for the controller to render the input forum with the correct inputs for that specific category (as well as things like Custom Fields, Prefixes etc).

Selection_170.png

The 2nd step in the convert process is filling out the form (all REQUIRED fields must be filled in). Unlike AMS where its just a TITLE and a MESSAGE, CAS has 100's of inputs based on different category settings and Ad Types, so its NEVER GOING TO BE A SINGLE CLICK CONVERT PROCESS.

The convert thread to classified as input form is almost identical to to the Post ad input form (it HAS to be for validation purposes).

Selection_171.png
Selection_172.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I upgraded to this. Changed permissions for the admin users

1708569227727.png

But I am not seeing the option for the thread

1708569247480.png

I refreshed multiple times. Am I missing something?

Click on Change thread type and make sure that it's type 'discussion'.

Thank you for the clarification.

The posts I was trying to move were in moderation and not live. Once I approved them, the options showed up fine.

Reactions: Bob
Thank you for the clarification.

The posts I was trying to move were in moderation and not live. Once I approved them, the options showed up fine.
How did the conversion process work for you? Easy to use?

Back