• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Hide Article menu item in main menu

7ore

CAS Premium
RMS Premium
I have just installed AMS on a 1.5 system after I tried a couple of other ways and AMS looks like the way to go for us.

But as a newbie I stumble upon a couple of things that probably already been answered, but I use the wrong search strings...

The first thing I ponder about is if it is a good idea to remove the link to AMS in the top menu?
I would like to give "normal" users other paths in to articles and that menu have too many alternatives already. Or will that cause users to "get lost"? And if it is OK to hide it, where do I do it?

Last edited:
The first thing I ponder about is if it is a good idea to remove the link to AMS in the top menu?
Its not, but some people like to hide navigation tabs for some reason. I guess its personal preference, but my experience is hiding navigational elements is never a good thing.

You can hide any Navigation Tab via CSS. Add the below CSS to Extra.css (for each style) to hide the Articles Tab.

HTML:
.navTabs .navTab.ams
{
    display: none!important;
}

Thanks. I'll take it under advisement. I can see a number om implications by removing it.
So I will test it and make sure there is no obvious downsides for users.

That does remove the menu for all. I was more inclined to let it be group dependent, so that writers get to see it.
On the other hand, I think that is OK, as I have added a special dropdown with valuable links for pro users, and they love that one, so i can just add the link there.

Back