• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Hall of Fame

Bob

Developer
Staff member
I've had several requests for this via conversations with various license holders, so I figured it best to just post the suggestion and see if others LIKE the idea.

Basically just an additional page that would list the Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) for all pools.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This has been implemented. It is extremely basic/simple/raw. Its done this way on purpose to let you customize the layout to your liking.

Its just a list of Pools that have been set to FINAL (open and closed pools will not display on this list). Click on the Pool Name to expand the hidden content (which is the 3 place winners). All the POOL related data is exposed (see 2nd image) for those that want to display additional information.

Selection_277.png

This is an example of the array of data for a pool. It can be accessed within the LOOP like this.. {$pool.sport_logo} (which in this example is nfl.png)
Selection_278.png

Hey @Bob how should I handle ties for the final standings in my pickem? (Based on points)

1st place is a clear winner

2nd place is a tie between 3 members

3rd place is a clear winner

On the pool management page it looks like its only defined for 1 user per place

Hey @Bob how should I handle ties for the final standings in my pickem? (Based on points)

1st place is a clear winner

2nd place is a tie between 3 members

3rd place is a clear winner

On the pool management page it looks like its only defined for 1 user per place
Because its done manually, you can choose whatever tiebreaker systems you have in place to have a clear 1st, 2nd and 3rd. For example i had 2 people tied for second place as well. I believe i used the time of making the picks (earlier got the higher ranking) and thus using that as the tiebreaker. It all depends on different admins though.

On a side note id love for this to be automated each week :)

Everything is setup based on SINGLE place architecture and having tie breaker procedures in place.. ie, there are only 3 single place winner fields. What you should be doing is tie breakers for those three users that are tied for 2nd place (to determine who is 2nd, 3rd and 4th). The 3rd place winner is actually in 5th. Obviously, tie breakers are something you should have in place before the season starts. Each sport has dozens of different tie breakers, so building something in that would work for everyone is impossible. I had a case last week that came down to a coin flip to determine 1st and 2nd.

The alternative is to have a Hall of Fame thread (that is what I do) that contains more detailed information.

Back