• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fields Search on Sidebar

lionhoho

AMS
SC Premium
Hi Bob,

I just notice Showcase has the ability to add a search widget on sidebar to search custom fields but I can't make it appear. The option "Display Sidebar Navigation Block" under Field Search is on and " Enable Sidebar Navigation Block" under "Home Page" is on as well.

Anything I missed? Thanks

I just notice Showcase has the ability to add a search widget on sidebar to search custom fields
Showcase comes with several [bd] Widget Framework Renderers, one of which is a Field Search Renderer that allows you to create Field Search Widgets. You need to have the [bd] Widget Framework installed in order to use it and the BWF controls the placement of the widgets.

btw, Showcase 2.9.0 (coming within the next few weeks) completely changes things in regards to Field Search. I've moved away from search and am now doing Filtering by Custom Fields instead (which is much more powerful and useful). Implemented - Filter items based on custom fields

Showcase comes with several [bd] Widget Framework Renderers, one of which is a Field Search Renderer that allows you to create Field Search Widgets. You need to have the [bd] Widget Framework installed in order to use it and the BWF controls the placement of the widgets.

btw, Showcase 2.9.0 (coming within the next few weeks) completely changes things in regards to Field Search. I've moved away from search and am now doing Filtering by Custom Fields instead (which is much more powerful and useful). Implemented - Filter items based on custom fields

That is absolutely AWESOME!! Filtering is much easier for users to use compare to search. I didn't install [bd] Widget Framework so I thinks this is why I can't add blocks on sidebar.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Back