• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Create a new main navigation tab for a specific Showcase category

Optic

AMS Premium
I would like to create a new dedicated navigation tab that points directly to ONE of my Showcase categories. I want the new navigation tab to be highlighted when viewing this Showcase category only.

For all OTHER categories, I want the normal Showcase navigation tab to be highlighted as normal.

How difficult would this be to achieve? I think I would need to create a custom listener to achieve this?

Do you want to emulate multiple instances of showcase? i.e. use category for something completely different than the other categories?
I can see how that would be very useful.

Not sure on the difficulty, but would definitely require some programming. I'd have to do some R&D into it in order to give you an answer. Its kinda similar to another request in the suggestions forum related to multi instance.

Do you want to emulate multiple instances of showcase? i.e. use category for something completely different than the other categories?
Indeed. One of my Showcase categories is acting as a landing page category for TV show titles. So each item within this landing page category represents a TV show title, and has content tabs such as Episode Lists, Characters, Videos, etc. You could say this is similar to a mini-Wiki I'm using this category for...

The rest of my Showcase categories are being used for user submitted fan art, wallpapers, etc.

I don't think running two actual instances of Showcase will work as I would have a duplicate set of tags and also I believe @Bob has mentioned this is not recommended.

So I believe doing it this way by creating a separate main navigation tab (that highlights when viewing the category) just for that landing page category would be the easiest way to go with as few complications as possible.

I'd have to do some R&D into it in order to give you an answer. Its kinda similar to another request in the suggestions forum related to multi instance.
Thanks Bob, look forward to seeing what you come up with. Much appreciated.

I don't think running two actual instances of Showcase will work as I would have a duplicate set of tags and also I believe @Bob has mentioned this is not recommended.
I dont think that would be optimal either. However, there are requests for emulating multiple instances. Such functionality could entail that you would have instance nodes. And all child nodes of that instance node would be considered as separate from other instance nodes and their children. This would allow different uses for the same functionality. Just like you do with TV shows wiki instance vs Art showcase instance.
What I mean with keeping content separate is that you probably not want to show category navigation links, new reviews or comments from your TV shows to display in the sidebar of your Art Showcase and vice-versa. Because that would make little sense. It would make sense to keep this separated so that the content that is shown relates to what the user is reading.

Yes, the same multi-instance suggestion is requested for AMS.

Back