• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Convert post to update sets item last updated to current date and time

benFF

AMS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
Showcase Version
XenForo Version
PHP Version
Database & Version
MariaDB 10.3
Are there any errors being throw?
No
When I convert a post to an update I would expect the main item's "updated date" to be changed to the date of the converted post (if later than currently set date)

However, it currently sets it to the present date and time.

I went though some items/threads yesterday from over 10 years ago converting all the updates, but now Showcase lists them all as freshly updated :s

Just so you know, It has nothing to do with the Convert Post to Update function. The Convert Post to Update function does NOT have any code that sets the Item last_update field to TIMENOW.

It's the ItemUpdate Entity's postSave() behavior itself (specifically the updateMadeVisible() function as part of the postSave() process) that is doing that.

I've added some additional code to the updateMadeVisible() function that will determine whether to set the Item last_update date.

This now covers scenarios like moderating/deleting an update and then later approving or undeleting, as it won't set the Items last update date to TIMENOW and would only ever set it if the update_date was newer than the items last_update date.

Selection_372.png

Thanks for this - I'll hold off my next batch of conversions until this release drops :)

@benFF I just pushed out a maintenance release with this bug fix, can you please test this out ASAP and let me know if its working correctly for you?

@benFF I just pushed out a maintenance release with this bug fix, can you please test this out ASAP and let me know if its working correctly for you?
No need... a couple license holders already contacted me saying that this is working perfectly now for them.

Back