• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Convert Post/Thread to Article in XF2.2/AMS 2.2 or XF2.3/AMS2.3?

smallwheels

AMS
LD
I wonder if it is possible to convert existing threads to AMS articles as this would be pretty helpful, especially when starting with AMS after the forum has already been running for a while. "Threads" could mean an existing discussion thread or a XF article (whith or without a discussion attached). I've searches this forum and learned, that the option existed with XF1

but not in XF2.2 with AMS 2.2

In the latest thread (back in August 2021) you said specifically

I've implemented the Convert Article to Thread function in a recent AMS release, however, the Convert Thread to Article won't come until AMS 2.3.x (which won't come until XF 2.3.0 Stable has been released).

However - this was a long time ago. Did anything change? XF 2.3 has become stable (finally ,-)). I can however not find such a function neither in AMS 2.2 nor in AMS 2.3 on my test systems. But I am not really familiar with AMS yet, so I may just have missed it.

Solution
These have been available since around Nov of 2021 IIRC.
Here is the implemented suggestion thread for the Convert Thread to Article (Nov 2021). I explain fully what the feature is and how it works.

Here is the implemented suggestion thread for the Convert Article to Thread (Jul 2021).
I explain fully what the feature is and how it works.

AMS 2.2 and 2.3 has both a 'Convert Thread to Article' Moderator function and a 'Convert Article to Thread' Moderator function. These are a per thread and per article function.

These are designed to help Moderators manage one off conversions when member make a mistake and create a thread that should have been an article (so the moderator can quickly and easily convert the thread to an AMS Article (and vice versa, someone publishes an Article that really should be a thread instead, a moderator can quickly and easily convert it to a Thread.

These functions are NOT designed to handle BULK IMPORTING of Threads to Articles. That would take a much more powerful system (which has been suggested).

Both Moderator functions are controlled by PERMISSIONS (Node Permissions for Convert Thread to Article and AMS Item Moderator permission for Convert Article to Thread.

Here is the implemented suggestion thread for the Convert Thread to Article (Nov 2021). I explain fully what the feature is and how it works.

Here is the implemented suggestion thread for the Convert Article to Thread (Jul 2021).
I explain fully what the feature is and how it works.

Solution
Back