• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Articles to threads tool

Are you planning on adding back the articles to threads tool in AMS for XF2? I think it's a valuable tool to have.
No...I plan on implementing some sort of "Convert Thread to Article" function similar to what AMS 1.x had, however, I have no plans to implement any sort of "Convert Article to Thread" function.

The way I handle that rare occasion, is to delete the article and inform the member, that posting a thread is the more appropriate place to ask a question. That is what XF Staff does when someone "accidentally" creates a Resource to ask a question that would be more appropriate as a thread. I've seen that happen several times over the past 8 years and you don't see them adding "Convert Resource to Thread" functionality in the XFRM to handle it.

Anyway, I answered your question and I will post my response again... I have no plans for any type of "Convert Articles to Threads" functionality for AMS 2.x (or any of my addons for that matter). I MAY consider a "Convert Article to Thread" (individual Article, not bulk articles) at some point down the road, however, its a very LOW priority.

Thanks for addressing this question Bob.

I'd like to put in our vote for adding this feature back in, especially since we have so many new members that keep making mistakes and post to Articles instead of the forum. This is even after pushing VERY clear messaging (via Welcome PM, Welcome Email, top-of-page notices, etc.) on how / where to post questions to our forum. Unfortunately we have dozens and dozens each week that post to AMS, and then helpful members reply as comments in an attempt to help out.

So, having the "convert article to thread" would:
  1. Make it easier for our moderators to take action on this misplaced content.
  2. Preserve the confused member's original post (and the time / energy they put into creating the content... many of which might get upset and have a bad-tasted having their first experience be their content / efforts deleted).
  3. Preserve member's follow-up comments to the article / question
Thanks again for all the awesome work you do, and for taking a look at this request!

I found there was feed importer in AMS that could replace than threads convert to article instead.
It's give a worth in time.
It could be reduce all kind of useless repeadly action for me.

Thanks for you that you already armed it in advance.

Reactions: Bob
Im looking to convert thread to article, has this been done Bob? I realise this threads 2 years old, but only now thinking of doing something with the AMS. I will need to update but only going to if I can move a thread to an article.

Thanks

Im looking to convert thread to article, has this been done Bob? I realise this threads 2 years old, but only now thinking of doing something with the AMS. I will need to update but only going to if I can move a thread to an article.

Thanks
I've implemented the Convert Article to Thread function in a recent AMS release, however, the Convert Thread to Article won't come until AMS 2.3.x (which won't come until XF 2.3.0 Stable has been released).

I've implemented the Convert Article to Thread function in a recent AMS release, however, the Convert Thread to Article won't come until AMS 2.3.x (which won't come until XF 2.3.0 Stable has been released).
Thanks, I will wait around, im just looking to use it for an archive section only kindo thing.

Thanks for reply and have a good night :)

Reactions: Bob
Back