• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Comment System Enhancements

jörg

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hello,

first sorry for my bad English.

I have some suggestions for the Comment System in this Addon.

We use on our Site only the Comment System and our Users told us, that they want the "Oldest Comment on the Top. At the Moment is the newest Comment always on the top".

Next: They want reply to other Comments.

And they want have a small Box, that they can see the latest Comments.......

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm in the favor of "Reply to Comments" but I believe this is not a quick job, I know this because a developer has done this for a custom addon of mine. :)

re: latest comments block

Where exactly do they want it?

Forum Home sidebar block, XenPorta Block, [bd] Widget Framework Render, Showcase Home sidebar block, Category Page sidebar block? Each one of those is different and requires individual programming, so I need to know more details about what they are expecting as far as a location of a block or blocks.

re: latest comments block

Where exactly do they want it?

Forum Home sidebar block, XenPorta Block, [bd] Widget Framework Render, Showcase Home sidebar block, Category Page sidebar block? Each one of those is different and requires individual programming, so I need to know more details about what they are expecting as far as a location of a block or blocks.

Hello Bob,

i think it where nice if we can set a block on forum home and a block in the showcase home. so the users can see, on the first sight......oh theire are new comments :)

Reactions: Bob
Marked as Partially Implemented as I've added a couple Most Recent Comments Blocks.

There are now options to enable a "Most Recent Comments" block on the Showcase Home page and Showcase Category pages. Both of these are separate options (on the respective options tab). Set the limit to 0 to disable the block (default is 5). Comments on a Category Sidebar only display recent comments within items associated with that category (and its children). Showcase Home displays comments from all categories.

NOTE: These blocks are only visible to the viewing user IF the viewing user has the permission to view showcase comments.

NOTE 2: I will leave this in the suggestions forum as I plan to add more (Forum Home Sidebar, [bd] Widget Framework Render and XenPorta Block) as well as the other part of this request in a future release.

Here is a quick screen shot of what the 'Most Recent Comments' block looks like on a Category Sidebar. You can also see that it take core xf word censoring into consideration.

recent-comments.PNG

Nice, that is really good!

i hope, that you can make our other suggestions, too. that users can reply to other comments and that the oldest comment is always on the top.

thank you bob, for your work.

Hello Bob,

any news abot the comment system? can you add a real comment system, with all the functions out the forum?

Hello Bob,

any news abot the comment system? can you add a real comment system, with all the functions out the forum?

Best thing to do is check in once in awhile and look at the status of anything requested. When I start working on something, I change the status to "Under Development".

Back