• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Clean install fails

petrolskin

AMS Premium
Showcase
Hi Bob,

Long time no speak.

Just trying out AMS.

Clean MYSQL install
Clean XF (1.5.10) install
Clean Install of AMS 1.41

Getting the following:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''original_source_required') VALUES (2, 'Example Category', 'This is an ' at line 2

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in NFLJ/AMS/Install/Controller.php at line 39
  5. NFLJ_AMS_Install_Controller::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hp3-linc3-nfs1-w/387/884387/user/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas?

Looks like its failing on adding the Dummy Category. Could be a syntax error in the installer. I'll need to double check the installer and get that fixed if that is what it is.

OK, download the AMS 1.4.1 Package again. Upload the new files and try and install. If it fails, I might need to get phpMyAdmin access to do a manual clean up from the failed installing.

OK, download the AMS 1.4.1 Package again. Upload the new files and try and install. If it fails, I might need to get phpMyAdmin access to do a manual clean up from the failed installing.
Thanks Bob, different error this time.

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'XXXX_live.xf_nflj_ams_category' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in NFLJ/AMS/Install/Controller.php at line 39
  5. NFLJ_AMS_Install_Controller::install()
  6. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hp3-linc3-nfs1-w/387/884387/user/htdocs/admin.php at line 13
phpMyAdmin not working at the moment, I need to get onto the hosting company to sort it out. Anything else you can think to try before then?

Last edited:
Exactly what I expected (due to it failing DURING the middle of an initial install).

Anything else you can think to try before then?
No. I know exactly what needs to be done and can get it done in less than 5 minutes once you fix your problem with phpMyAdmin. Send me an inbox with the URL and credentials.

Exactly what I expected (due to it failing DURING the middle of an initial install).

No. I know exactly what needs to be done and can get it done in less than 5 minutes once you fix your problem with phpMyAdmin. Send me an inbox with the URL and credentials.
Ok thanks Bob.

I could just reinstall XF and then AMS? Its a clean installation so no data to keep. Would that work also?

If not I can send over the details but it will probably be tomorrow.

Ya, if you wipe the XF install instance and start fresh, that should work fine. Just make sure the existing DB is wiped (all tables prefixed by xf_)

Ya, if you wipe the XF install instance and start fresh, that should work fine. Just make sure the existing DB is wiped (all tables prefixed by xf_)
Right its failing again Bob with this error

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'XXXXX_live.xf_nflj_ams_category' doesn't exist
Its created a bunch of tables (tried dropping and reinstalling) same issue

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 19.21.25.png
Looks like the installer needs updating for a clean install of AMS? Why doesnt the install create the XXXXX_live.xf_nflj_ams_category table?

I can send over the details (youll need to use MYSQL workbench though), or, if it isnt too complicated drop me some instructions :)

Last edited:
missing COMMA. Zip Archive updated. Download again and try to install (not upgrade, but install). If it fails, you'll probably need to blow everything away again. Can you let me know right away if running the install works as I am heading out in a few minutes.

missing COMMA. Zip Archive updated. Download again and try to install (not upgrade, but install). If it fails, you'll probably need to blow everything away again. Can you let me know right away if running the install works as I am heading out in a few minutes.
Re-uploaded, dropped the tables again and re-ran. All looking good Bob, thanks.

Its not finished yet but its still running and not failing instantly like before :)

Reactions: Bob
Also got another couple of minor issues (this is probably me)

Collapsable categories dont seem to be working
How the hell do you move a previously created article into another category? o_O

By the way @Bob how do you create the Blog section, is that part of AMS? Sorry, been away a while.
Blog Section? Are you referring to Blogs that I have at Area 51? If so, that is an addon called UBS (User Blogs System) that I've not released publicly yet (only Early Adopter license).

Collapsable categories dont seem to be working
Probably missing the JS files. upload the attached js files to: /js/nflj/ams/collapsible.min.js and collapsible.js

How the hell do you move a previously created article into another category? o_O
There are 2 ways.

The first is moving a single article to a new category. Simple edit the article and change the category. Moderator type functionality options are visible only to MODERATORS (users can't move their own articles as that is a moderator function).

Selection_248.png

The 2nd way is via inline moderation. This allows you to bulk move multiple articles into a chosen category.

Selection_246.png

Selection_247.png

Attachments

• collapsible.zip
    2 KB · Views: 1
Probably missing the JS files. upload the attached js files to: /js/nflj/ams/collapsible.min.js and collapsible.js

There are 2 ways.

The first is moving a single article to a new category. Simple edit the article and change the category. Moderator type functionality options are visible only to MODERATORS (users can't move their own articles as that is a moderator function).

View attachment 3336

The 2nd way is via inline moderation. This allows you to bulk move multiple articles into a chosen category.

View attachment 3334

View attachment 3335
OK Bob I will try uploading the JS files later.

For some reason I dont see the move to category options when editing an article? Thats where I expected it to be, any ideas? Also could you pm me details regarding UBS?

For some reason I dont see the move to category options when editing an article? Thats where I expected it to be, any ideas?
being able to see those options depends on a combination of content STATE and PERMISSIONS.

STATE: If in DRAFT or AWAITING (awaiting to be published), the content can't be moderated and therefor there are no moderator controls.

PERMISSIONS: You have to have the MODERATOR permissions "Edit Articles by anyone" AND " Approve / unapprove articles".

PHP:
    /**
     * Checks to see if the user can Moderate the article.
     * @param array $article
     * @param array $category
     * @param string $errorPhraseKey
     * @param array $viewingUser
     * @param array|null $categoryPermissions
     * @return boolean
     */   
    public function canModerateArticle(array $article, array $category, &$errorPhraseKey = '', array $viewingUser = null, array $categoryPermissions = null)
    {
        $this->standardizeViewingUserReferenceForCategory($category, $viewingUser, $categoryPermissions);

if (!$viewingUser['user_id'])
        {
            return false;
        }

if ($article['article_state'] == 'draft')
        {
            return false;  // draft articles can not be edited by anyone except the owner.
        }

if ($article['article_state'] == 'awaiting')
        {
            return false;  // articles awaiting publishing can not be edited by anyone except the owner.
        }

return (
            XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission($categoryPermissions, 'editArticleAny')
            &&    XenForo_Permission::hasContentPermission($categoryPermissions, 'approveUnapproveArticle')
        );
    }

Thanks Bob. For info that didn't exist either so had to create and copy manually. Reset and changed back to collapsable in the options but still no joy Im afraid :( They are still showing as expanded.

Back