• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Change rating

woei

Showcase
Hi,

On my forums the showcase is being used also to show work in progress. Therefore it can be that a project (showcase item) is rated and an user changes his mind after updates of the project. Is it possible that an user always can change his vote? I mean, you can unlike posts also, this is sort of unliking or sort of speech :)

Upvote 5
My forum also would totally need this. We use Showcase so that users can publish their original stories.
Since other members give them feedback, they likely change their stories.
So this feature is highly required!

I would also like to see this as we have motorcycle retortions in progress at any given time and this would work great for us

Im going to need a bit more feed back on this (as well as if there is more interest).

Is this for Rating only? or the Review Rating as well?

How is this going to apply to Multi Ratings when those are implemented.

Can then change rating only after an update? ie.. rate once, its locked and when there is a new update to the item, the user can change their rating

Things like that I need to KNOW (as I don't have a crystal ball) and it really sucks when ya release something and someone comes along and says "Why doesn't it have THIS or do THAT" lol

Hard at work on SC 2.3.0 and this WILL NOT make it in unless more people LIKE it and I get more feed back from the OP.

Hard at work on SC 2.3.0 and this WILL NOT make it in unless more people LIKE it and I get more feed back from the OP.

*Likes first post*

I can see several uses for it. For instance:

-Using the showcase for TV Shows, pilot episode sucked or the starting episodes were mediocre but eventually after a season it got better so a rating change may be required.
-BETA Products, first batch/launch isn't featured pack or has several bugs/issues but with time as the product get's better a new review is justifiable.

I think it should be open to change at any given time, not specific to just item updates.

As for multi ratings I think the change should be complete i.e. each and every criteria/rating can be changed and the previous review should be discarded completely.

I think it should be open to change at any given time, not specific to just item updates.
As for multi ratings I think the change should be complete i.e. each and every criteria/rating can be changed and the previous review should be discarded completely.

Same for me, every rating should be changeable at every given time. Also each Rating should be changeable for multiple ratings.
It may is necessary to give options for each rating:

[ ] Rating is changeable.
[ ] Rating is changeable only after item updates.

In this case it would fit every customers needs.

I think this this suggestion is essential for almost every showcase because humans tend to change their mind...
I would highly appreciate it, if this will makte it into 2.4.

Just a quick up on this... I've moved the target (not an exact science) version for some of the advanced review functionality to SC 2.4.0 or SC 2.5.0 (which this falls under). I am going to use SC 2.3.x for a lot of the smaller stuff that is already complete and ready to be released instead of holding them up.

So if you have FEEDBACK, there is still TIME to get suggestions for this noted.

Just letting people know that are following this particular suggestion that in SC 2.3.0, if you are able to EDIT your review, you can now change your Rating for that review. I have some other things in mind in regards to RATINGS (that are submitted without reviews), but that will be handled in a later release.

Back