• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Auto "Watch Item" when posting Comments

Veer

Showcase
Hello @Bob B

I'd like to see the similar functionality for Showcase Items as Thread Replies. So when you post a Comment to a Showcase Item you should be Watching that Item automatically. And then you'll receive further Alerts on New Comments on that items.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'll look into it. I don't THINK it will be that big of a deal to add in (same with when making a review).

Thanks Bob, the basic reason why I missed this is, some people comment on items and ask something and I answer them within comments but they don't get notified by Alerts. With auto watching feature people will get instant Alert that I or someone else also commented on the item.

Yeah, same with Review :)

Hello Bob

There's a Watch Item feature but its useless on my site and no one using it, I'm just tired telling people about Watching Item in order to get Alerts. I'd like to have the same behavior how Threads auto watching system works when we Reply. I mean the ability to Auto Watch an Item when you post a Comment on showcase items.

-ve :
If you don't have auto watch function, people visit an item, ask something, you answer them in comment, people will not be notified about this, disappointed :(

+ve:
If we have auto watch function, people will get an alert about the comment and visited back, found the answer, happy :)

Hope it will be considered and soon implementation :)

Implemented

This only works when they make a new COMMENT (not a reply to a comment). When users reply to a comment, they automatically receive alerts for that specific comment.

Comments don't get emails either (nor do reviews). I MAY add email alerts to comments at a later date.

Back