• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Auto tips not made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGLLC

Pick'em
From what I can see, if any of a player's picks are blank, the system should put in the away team.

We've got auto picks set on a pool:

upload_2022-3-21_11-8-23.png

However this player has only 8 out of 9 picks:

upload_2022-3-21_11-9-35.png

I don't see that this should be possible. What might have gone wrong?

This is the week setting:

upload_2022-3-21_11-11-32.png

These are the games:

upload_2022-3-21_11-12-3.png

From what I can see, if any of a player's picks are blank, the system should put in the away team.
Only for games that are in the system at the time the auto picks process is run. There are several cases where auto picks never come into play, one being where a game as added AFTER auto picks has already processed. Auto Picks only runs ONCE, its not something that runs every x hours (and never will be), so no auto picks will be set for any games added AFTER auto picks for that week as already been processed.

Also, all picks (whether manual or auto) are LOGGED, so you can view each player in a specific pool and see when and how their picks were logged. It only logs picks for games that were in the system at the time of the last picks update save action, so if there is a new game that was added since the last save process for a given user, it will obviously not have a log and that user will need to set that pick.

Well - how the heck would this happen?
There is not a single line of code in XF, XFRM, XFMG, XFES or any of my addon's, that would Disable a Cron entry.

Cron entries don't just turn themselves On or Off. Enabling/Disabling Cron entries has to be manually triggered by a human being, one that has access to your Admin Control Panel and administrative permission to manage cron entries.

Btw, when a Cron entry is toggled on/off, a cron/toggle action is logged in the Admin logs. You can easily find out which admin did it and when they did it.

Example, I just toggled the Pickem reminders Cron entry OFF, so that action was logged in the Admin logs as shown below (includes the user that performed the action, their IP address and the date/time of the action.

Selection_764.png

If you click on the action title "cron/toggle", it will launch an overlay that displays the Request state. This lists all of the Cron Entry's in the system and their state after this specific cron action was processed). Look for xa_pkmProcessReminders (red arrows in the image below). As you can see the "Active" state of the cron entry 'xa_pkmProcessReminders' is 0 ZERO, which is a boolean value FALSE aka disabled.

Selection_765.png

I'm assuming that is why alerts auto-picks are not happening?
Yes, that Cron entry is what triggers the process for the 1st & 2nd alert reminders (and its the 2nd alert reminder process that also includes processing auto picks).

Why on earth would one of your Administrators disable that Cron Entry?

Last edited:
Yes, that Cron entry is what triggers the process for the 1st & 2nd alert reminders (and its the 2nd alert reminder process that also includes processing auto picks).

Why on earth would one of your Administrators disable that Cron Entry?
I can't find any record of anyone doing that.

Would it happen during upgrade to ver 2.2 from 2.1?

It would be great if there was a notice to alert admin if these cron jobs were deactivated.

Edit: Merged back to back posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it happen during upgrade to ver 2.2 from 2.1?
No. I've already mentioned that there is no programming code in XF, XFRM, XFMG, XFES or any of my addons (which includes Pickem) that would disable a Cron entry.

You need to investigate your staff and find out WHO disabled that Cron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back