• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Associate multiple XMG albums for a given showcase item

Optic

AMS Premium
The existing XMG integration is really good.

Would you consider extending it by:
  • Allowing more than one XMG album to be associated with a Showcase item?
  • Adding the option to change the behaviour of the Gallery tab so only album thumbnails will appear?
We're using Showcase as a "landing page" for different anime TV shows, which allows us to use the other tabs to show introductory information (e.g. character list, embedded media, etc.) and have found the discussion tab integration really useful.

Hence we'd love to take it to the next step by linking multiple XMG galleries, but would only want the album thumbnails to appear as it would look cluttered showing individual images from all the associated albums. This is also due to how we're using XMG, each album we have in XMG represents a character for a given anime TV show.

Happy to pay if considered custom work.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've marked this as open for discussion to let others chime in on it as well :)

Yes, fully agree on this. It makes a lot of sense.

@Bob, I've found myself in a situation where this is heavily wanted on my community.
  • Are you open for custom work at the moment?
  • If not, am I allowed to source a 3rd party developer to try and work on this? Of course I will ensure they purchase a development license from you.

@Bob, I've found myself in a situation where this is heavily wanted on my community.
  • Are you open for custom work at the moment?
  • If not, am I allowed to source a 3rd party developer to try and work on this? Of course I will ensure they purchase a development license from you.

Custom work at the moment is rather limited because of AMS and other custom projects that I am currently working on. Something like this wouldn't be something I could take on right now. Yes, you can have a 3rd party developer do work for you. They will need to work on your development server or purchase a development license from me tho (unless they own their own license).

just to let you know, I do plan on making changes to the XMG (now XFMG) integration. I'll probably make them (and test them) in AMS and then implement the same in Showcase (since the two addons are very similar). If you do hire someone, you might want to start a convo with me and them at ex eff dot com so they understand what changes I will be making (so it doesn't mess up anything they are going to do). (hope that made sense) lol

Back