• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved AMS Articles... shouldn't they show in the Feeds?

Chernabog

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
So, it could very well be on my end and my apologies if this has already been addressed and I missed it...

I have noticed that when I create new articles they do not populate to the XenForo feeds system. Now, I am running Audentio's feed add-on, so not sure if that is the challenge -- but I just want to verify that articles, by default, should be showing up in the feeds?

Am I doing something wrong? :O Running XF 2.2.7

Thanks!

What do you mean by "Show in Feeds"? What Feeds are you talking about? Core XF has RSS Feeds for Threads, but those are only for Threads, not other content types. XFMG has RSS Feeds for media (both Index and per Category). The only other XF feature that has the term FEED used is the Newsfeed Handler (and AMS implements several Newsfeed handlers).

AMS has RSS Feeds if that is what you are asking, but that isn't some core XF Feature, just like XFMG RSS Feeds isn't a core XF feature.

RSS feeds are not designed to be HUMAN readable (they are for RSS readers and RSS feaders).

If you are using Chrome, you can append index.rss to the end of the AMS Index Url and to each Category page Url. Its only going to fetch the latest FRESH content (same as Thread and Media RSS). All modern RSS Readers and RSS Feeder can detect this automatically.

Now, if you are talking about the RSS Feed Importer, Core XF has one as well as AMS has one. The XF one is for being able to add an RSS Feed and Import data from that RSS Feed into New Threads, where as the AMS Feed Importer will import data into New Articles.

they do not populate to the XenForo feeds system.
I have no idea what you mean by "XenForo feeds system"? There is no such thing unless you are referring to RSS and like I explained above, there isn't a GLOBAL system, that is just Forum/Thread (XFMG has its own, AMS has its own).

but I just want to verify that articles, by default, should be showing up in the feeds?
Again... not sure what you are asking.

Audentio's feed add-on
I've never heard of this, nor do I have any idea of what this addon might do. I highly doubt that they have built in support for any specific 3rd party addon (they might have XFMG support built into it).

I've never heard of this, nor do I have any idea of what this addon might do. I highly doubt that they have built in support for any specific 3rd party addon (they might have XFMG support built into it).
As far as I can tell, the Feed addon just pulls all the content types available and lets you create different feeds; it does not actually mean that they will work however.

It was an experiment by Mike from ThemeHouse to go along with AC.UI, which they decided to release for free before they then announced that they are moving away from public add-on/theme sales and moving more towards privatized development and high cost subscription/support ($1000/year).

InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to integer [event_date] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:761

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(639): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'event_date', 2, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(741): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('event_date', NULL, Array)
#2 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/AbstractHandler.php(498): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->bulkSet(Array)
#3 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(179): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\AbstractHandler->wrapItems(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#4 src/XF.php(613): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->Audentio\Feeds\Feed\{closure}()
#5 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(193): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\CollaborativeResources\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#6 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Entity/Feed.php(296): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->getLastItemCache(Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#7 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Job/Rebuild/LastItemCache.php(46): Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed->updateLastItemCache()
#8 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): Audentio\Feeds\Job\Rebuild\LastItemCache->rebuildById(1)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(8)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#12 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#13 {main}

-------------

Previous InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to integer - src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php:149
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(757): XF\Mvc\Entity\ValueFormatter->castValueToType(NULL, 2, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(639): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType(NULL, 'event_date', 2, Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(741): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('event_date', NULL, Array)
#3 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/AbstractHandler.php(498): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->bulkSet(Array)
#4 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(179): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\AbstractHandler->wrapItems(Object(XF\Mvc\Entity\ArrayCollection), Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#5 src/XF.php(613): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->Audentio\Feeds\Feed\{closure}()
#6 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Feed/NewsFeed.php(193): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\CollaborativeResources\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#7 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Entity/Feed.php(296): Audentio\Feeds\Feed\NewsFeed->getLastItemCache(Object(Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed))
#8 src/addons/Audentio/Feeds/Job/Rebuild/LastItemCache.php(46): Audentio\Feeds\Entity\Feed->updateLastItemCache()
#9 src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php(47): Audentio\Feeds\Job\Rebuild\LastItemCache->rebuildById(1)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run(8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#13 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#14 {main}

Well, I am going to CLOSE this as it has nothing to do with AMS (nor are those errors caused by AMS).

You'll have to contact ThemeHouse and ask them to implement features in their addon.

It was actually my misunderstanding of how the Audentio add-on worked. I probably should have been saying "What's New" versus Feeds. Feeds is simply an add-on that takes What's New and gives you more powerful filtering options.

Nothing to do with AMS and I was not fully up to speed with what they were telling me at Audentio. I have explained better ( I hope lol ) in my last message -- rather than to waste space here.

:)

"What's New"
Whats New is NOT a FUNCTION, its a BLANK PAGE that has WIDGETS added to it. You can add as many widgets to the Whats New page as you want. Installing XF2 includes adding 2 pre-configured widgets to the Whats New page (Latest posts and Latest profile posts). Installing XFRM adds a 3rd (Latest resources). You can create AMS widgets and add any of them to the Whats New page. You can create 1000s of widgets and add them to the Whats New page.

The Whats New page is NOT the XF Find New system (which is a Handler System that allows any content type to implement a FindNew Handler (which is for fetching Unread/Unviewed content that has a Read Marking system implemented).

AMS implements TWO FindNew Handlers, one for New Articles and one for New Article Comments (both of which have read marking systems implemented)

AMS also implements several NewsFeed Handlers as well.

Bottom line is that AMS implements every single Core XF Handler, plus all of the core XF Systems that are available for Addons to implement.

It was actually my misunderstanding of how the Audentio add-on worked. I probably should have been saying "What's New" versus Feeds. Feeds is simply an add-on that takes What's New and gives you more powerful filtering options.

Nothing to do with AMS and I was not fully up to speed with what they were telling me at Audentio. I have explained better ( I hope lol ) in my last message -- rather than to waste space here.

:)
I would honestly recommend not using Audentio's add-on... It's buggy, and their support prior to their announcement was spotty a best, and now that they've announced moving solely to the $1000/year plan (only way to get guaranteed support) it's not worth the headache unless you specifically need all their other add-ons.

I wish they sold add-ons, and either had ala carte support, or a support plan. That said, their add-ons are generally notoriously poorly optimized and tend to add a lot of query overhead.

You could probably get by with using the modular AMS homepage layout, and Infopanels and widgets to create something better overall.

That or XF do a feed page that can be used as a homepage similar to the Feeds add-on, but that's unlikely.

I would honestly recommend not using Audentio's add-on... It's buggy, and their support prior to their announcement was spotty a best, and now that they've announced moving solely to the $1000/year plan (only way to get guaranteed support) it's not worth the headache unless you specifically need all their other add-ons.

I wish they sold add-ons, and either had ala carte support, or a support plan. That said, their add-ons are generally notoriously poorly optimized and tend to add a lot of query overhead.

You could probably get by with using the modular AMS homepage layout, and Infopanels and widgets to create something better overall.

That or XF do a feed page that can be used as a homepage similar to the Feeds add-on, but that's unlikely.

I appreciate the response (you too Bob, although I am not that savvy technically lol) -- I am learning towards your opinion Forsaken.

Back