• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented AMS: Appearance Style Property - Share this article block

tonmo

AMS Premium
Hi, I'd like an option to remove the "Share This Article" sidebar block - possible to make this an option (vs. a template modification)?

Edit: In fact, an ideal setting may be "include Share this article" (on by default) with sub-settings for "include BB code components" (also on by default). This way, I could show just the Share icons if I want, without the BB code.

upload_2023-1-10_15-25-3-png.8092

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As per title, I've added a new AMS: Appearance Style Property - Share this article block.

This new style property lets you enable/disable the "Share this article" block on AMS Article pages as well as choose to include the URL BB code and AMS BB code elements.

Note: These are all preset to CHECKED during the upgrade.

Selection_677.png

Here we are only enabling the "Share this article" block, so only the share icons that you have enabled via core XF settings will be displayed.

Selection_678.png

Selection_679.png

Here we've checked the "URL BB code" element, so it will now appear in the "Share this article" block.

Selection_680.png

Selection_681.png

Here we've checked the "AMS BB code" element, so it will now appear in the "Share this article" block.

Selection_688.png

Selection_683.png

Here we've checked both the "URL BB code" element and the "AMS BB code" element, so they will both now appear in the "Share this article" block.

Selection_684.png

Selection_685.png

In this shot, the Enable "Share this article" block is unchecked (disabled), so even tho the sub elements are checked, nothing will display as the block itself is disabled.

Selection_686.png

Selection_687.png

Back