• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Support of Media files with appropriate players

Dadparvar

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,

As XFMG supports videos, I wish we could upload videos too.
And the result be something like "Image Gallery". I mean a new tab named "Video Gallery" that has its player and thumbnails or all videos above it, which by clicking on them, the player will play that video.
If it supports XFMG (just like images), that would be much more appreciated.

By adding Audio support (the same as video described above), that would be amazing!

Regards

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
While this would be great, you are basically asking for Showcase to become a media gallery with video and audio. This by definition includes video & audio transcoding through FFMPEG and adding a new media player like JWPlayer to Showcase. I agree this would be awesome. But it seems a really tall order.

You are right.
But this can help use have everything we need.
Do you and of course @Bob agree to start a poll to see how much user are ready to pay for (invest on) it and how much? (to see if Bob will add this or not, and if users like it or just we need it ;))
(I also waiting for Xenforo to update XFMG to support audio files)

@Dadparvar It doesn't work like this. Let's take a step back first and reconsider what functionality we would really like to see. Then post these as small separate suggestions so that it becomes realistic to implement IF @Bob is interested in implementing. Making small suggestions also gives a better chance of getting the functionality you'd like to see.

For AMS Bob has already implemented a function to show XFMG video on items. Users can upload video to XFMG and then show it on an item. As this is a really nice, I have suggested the same for showcase. This would get video's displayed on showcase items.

IMHO uploading video's should be done to XFMG. Maybe in a later stage there could be a more advanced interface that allows users to upload media to XFMG from an item. This is on Bob's radar for the future. At least for AMS. Feel free to make a suggestion for showcase as well.

In regard to audio: there is no audio support in XFMG and it does not look like it will be added. Its possible to upload audio files to showcase through file upload. These can be played through file download in a local player. Not pretty, but its something.
We do have many audio files that are added to articles, reviews, showcases so it would be nice to have an html audio markup for audio attachments in the sidebar. Browsers have an audio player included. I don't know if its a feasible suggestion.

Users can upload video to XFMG and then show it on an item. As this is a really nice, I have suggested the same for showcase
This is better. I agree with you. Nice. Hope to see it in Showcase in near future.
there is no audio support in XFMG and it does not look like it will be added
I saw and liked your thread about it in Xenforo. Hope to be implemented. Really needed feature

Back