• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Input Needed XF 2.3 Featured Content Handler vs Existing Feature Functions

Bob

Developer
Staff member
As per title, XF 2.3 includes a new Content Type Handler for Featured Content.

I have not yet SEEN the Abstract Handler, so I am not able to make any final decisions until after more information (developer information) is published OR when I can download XF 2.3 Preview or Beta 1.

As of NOW, I plan to implement and use the new Featured Content Handler, which means that SOME of the current "Featured" functions will be going away, to include Featured Content Macros, which will be use Core XF Featured Content Macros vs me having to spend 100's of hours working on the same freaking templates in 30+ addons that have featured functions).

I plan on continuing the "Auto feature" functions (unless Core XF adds that functionality, then I will probably dump that feature from all my addons).

This is more of a heads up type thing that there WILL BE CHANGE in regards to Featured Content in AMS, CAS, IMS, LD, RMS, SB, SC and UBS (as well as dozens of custom addons of mine that have featured content functionality).

This is more of a heads up type thing that there WILL BE CHANGE in regards to Featured Content in AMS, CAS, IMS, LD, RMS, SB, SC and UBS (as well as dozens of custom addons of mine that have featured content functionality).
đź‘Ť

There's no reason to re-invent the wheel and if the features in 2.3 provide a core base that can be built on, then it is sensible to do so.
If the advancements are minimal in nature, I'm reasonably confident that you won't have a large issue extending the add-ons using the core XF functions to offer equivalent what you do now.
Honestly... I don't use the featured content functions very heavily currently, but they definitely are a vital part of a busy site.

OK .. I'll allow it :lmao:

Back