• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Widget Definition - Pickem: Latest comments

Bob

Developer
Staff member
I've added a new Widget Definition titled "Pickem: Latest comments" that lets you create Lastest comments widgets for Pickem Pools.

Important Note: There are no PRE LOADED comment widgets. You'll need to create comments widgets on your own and place them where you want them.

There are 2 configuration settings, Latest comments limit and Pool limit.

Note: If no pools are explicitly selected, this widget will pull from all pools unless the widget is used within a Pickem pool, in which case, the content will be limited to that specific pool.

Selection_174.png

In this show, I create a Latest comments widget, selected the Pool limit of "contextual pool", so when viewing a pool, it displays a Latest comments widget for that specific pool (no comments from other pools).

The layout of this widget is slightly different than other "comments" types widgets in that there is no need to include the pool name for each comment (since its IN the pool), so that is replaced with the username and the date of the comment is actually linked to the comment itself. Also, the block header is styled differently to match the block headers for the other blocks in the sidebar.

Note: There are 3 sidebar widget positions (Top, Middle and Bottom). Middle is above the Pick Distribution block.

Selection_172.png

In this shot, I've added the same widget to Forum Home, however, you can see that its styled differently (actually more similar to other comment widgets).

Selection_173.png

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That is behaving as designed (its the same widget as XenForo Media Gallery recent comments, that uses standard XF snippet, which does not render smiles).

With that said... it drives me nuts that snippets don't render at least smilies, so if there is a way to do it, I'll find it lol

UPDATE: Looks like there is a new function that lets you wrap the snippet so that smiles will render. Not sure about emojis tho.

Selection_534.png

Last edited:
Back