• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented What happens to Items on Category Delete?

Bob

Developer
Staff member
Wanted to open this for discussion.

On Category Deletion, would you rather the Items get Orphaned, Associated with Root, Soft Deleted or Hard Deleted.

Orphaned is what happens to threads when a forum is deleted. I really don't like that option

Associated with root is almost identical to being orphaned, cept the item can still be accessed if you know the URL.

Soft Deleted would allow you to access the item via the Admin CP and restore it as easy as editing it and setting it to visible.

Hard Delete is obviously completely removed from the system, no recovery short of a full site backup.

I think for NOW, I am probably code it to SOFT Delete so that you at least have a quick and easy way to restore. You can always hard delete items from the Admin CP. and for those of you that would rather have the system hard delete, I could give you the file edit to swap that out or make it an option to choose when deleting the cat.

Anyway.... I have at least a few days to gather some input. Hate coding things and not asking what people WANT. I think its beyond dumb to force what I think you should have vs what you actually NEED.... so fire away!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally i would say soft delete them, hard delete is to open for people to make a mistake and remove everything.

I've coded it to soft delete for now. can revisit later if the situation arises.

Back