• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Updated status

DiscoRoHan

AMS
Showcase
Hi @Bob

I'm loving this addon. I'm not using a lot of its features, basically using it just for reviews which is working well.

I'd like to know if the following can be achieved. When a user leaves a review, it does not change the 'Updated' date/timestamp. I guess that only gets updated if the Item gets an update.

1 - Can this be changed to accept an updated timestamp from the latest user review?
2 - If no to above, how would I best remove the Updated field?

As a side suggestion, if you are only allowing Rating stars with a review, (as I am) the votes should be removed from the star count, as they will always report the exact same number as the amount of reviews :)

See below for my implementation of Showcase.

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forum/showcase/category/ducati-authorised-main-dealers.4/

Cheers,
Rob.

Hey Rob..

You could add code to the DataWriter that would trigger an update query to set a new timestamp on the item update field. There is a bit more involved tho because of the Read Marking system (which is driven off the item data fields), so that would also need to be taken into consideration. Are you a developer? (don't want to talk above or below your skill level so figured I'd ask first before going too deep or not deep enough)

I'll check with a couple of the upcoming developers to see if they would be interested in helping you. This would be the perfect project for someone that is wanting to learn.

Back