• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Unable to hard delete an Item

smartpixels

Showcase
with message "Please enter a message with at least 60 characters"

I am not sure whether it is an bug or a configuration problem. I am trying to delete with super admin so no question about permissions.

Im not even sure where that is coming from, cause Showcase doesn't have a message like that. The closes it has is

Phrase: nflj_showcase_please_enter_message_with_no_more_than_x_characters

HTML:
Please enter a message with no more than {count} characters on Tab {tab}
<br />
Tab {tab} message is over by {over} characters

Do you have any addons that have a Minimum character setting for Threads/Posts maybe? It could be that when you are attempting to delete a showcase with an associated discussion thread and then showcase makes a post to that threads saying that it has been removed, the Datawriter is throwing an error for minimum character count because the message is less than 60 characters long.

I found this addon that has the exact phrase you posted: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/minimum-post-length-enforcer.1792/

The message that showcase posts to a thread upon hard delete is less than 60 characters in length.

edit the Phrase: nflj_showcase_item_has_been_removed

and change: "This showcase item has been removed." to a sentence that has at least 60 characters in it and then run a test. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Back