• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Tag Cloud for Articles only

MrWorldWide

AMS Premium
Tags and a tag listing page would be a great (and extremely useful) addition to the addon. It's a little different to the 'keywords' concept. Tags are a description of the nature of the article rather than just a list of words that appear in the article. For instance, if you run the addon to maintain a dbase of short stories, not all horror stories will include the word 'horror'. It's also impractical to create a category for every conceivable theme a reader might be interested in, some themes cater to a very specific and niche interest. Tags also reduce the webmaster's workload as the article author does the work for you.

Upvote 0
What is wrong with the TAGS Handler that AMS already implements? All my addons implement the Core XF Tag Handler, which is a standardized tags system for all content types.

Can you please explain why I would have to implement TWO completely different tags system and how that would effect the TAGS system that is already in place?

My bad, I just realized that one of my sites is displaying tags and the other one isn't, of course I was looking at the one that wasn't. I just can't figure out why tags aren't showing. I have tags checked in the style properties options for the article layout page, and I have a minimum of 3 tags specified in the AMS options page. I checked usergroup permissions, all permissions are allowed for tags, both sites are configured identically as far as I can tell. Nothing I do seems to make a difference, the option to add tags just refuses to show up on the page.

Attachments

• amstags.JPG
    amstags.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 4
And after doing a little dive into the Core XF Tag Handler that you mentioned above I was finally able to figure it out! Thanks!

Reactions: Bob
Depending on how people use your addon it can be super helpful. I use AMS to archive stories and for my users it would be fantastic to have on the page.

Back