• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Some feedback from users

Arboristsite

Showcase
Hi

I'd like to discuss with you Bob about what users think about the addon:

1. People that create a product review for the first time don't know to assign the author (star) rating. I've tried it and for the life of me cannot see where I can assign a star rating until after the initial review is posted. However if I select a 1-5 star rating it directs me to write a review (but I just wrote one!?) and then that gets counted it in the "User Rating" section not the author rating. :wtf:

2. People click on a product review and make a "review" in the comment section at the bottom of general information tab and don't realize their comment did not count in the review tab.

1. People that create a product review for the first time don't know to assign the author (star) rating. I've tried it and for the life of me cannot see where I can assign a star rating until after the initial review is posted. However if I select a 1-5 star rating it directs me to write a review (but I just wrote one!?) and then that gets counted it in the "User Rating" section not the author rating. :wtf:

Sounds like you don't have the AUTHOR RATING enabled for the Category. This option is disabled by default, you have to enable if for each category that you want the Item Authors to set an Author Rating for the Item.

Selection_104.png

When the Author Rating is Enabled, there will be an option on the Item CREATE and EDIT forms (located under the Item Name). Authors can RATE the Item in .25 Increments from 5.00 to 1.00. When this is set, it will display anywhere that that AUTHOR Ratings are displayed (you also need to enable those on a per area/layout basis).
Selection_105.png

2. People click on a product review and make a "review" in the comment section at the bottom of general information tab and don't realize their comment did not count in the review tab.

There is not much I can do about that. The option to RATE and REVIEW an ITEM is directly above the Comments Section. The next version of Showcase addons the Most Recnet X User Reviews ABOVE THE COMMENTS, so maybe THAT will help (as there is a clear separation between User Reviews and Comments).

In the mean time, you CAN edit the PHRASE "Write a Comment..." to change it to a more detailed explanation for your members (explain that its a comment, not a review and to review they need to click on the STARS in the Rate and Review Block.
Phrase Name: nflj_showcase_write_a_comment

Back