• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned So that the image linked to the body can be used as a cover image

Isxforo

AMS
Showcase
Hi. @Bob

Currently, even if an external image is connected to the body content, it is not reflected in the post list icon, title view, article view, etc. unless the image is directly attached to the body.

Even if there is no image directly attached, it would be nice to add an option so that the external image included in the body can be used as a representative icon or image in the post list.

Or you may add an option it available the external images as saved or attached state manually or automatically while import from RSS.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is something I could use right about now.

I import most of my articles via rss and have to edit each article to download the image then re-attach.

In the mean time, I would suggest using a feature that has been in the addon for several years no.... Category Content Image. Each Category lets you set a "Category Content Image", which is used in situations where there is no uploaded article cover image. Such a simple thing you guys can do, which would at least make things look good when there are no image attachments uploaded to the article (especially in @blatchy 's situation where he's importing content via RSS Feeder). Having Category Content Images in place until you can get to an article is much better than not having a Category Content Image set ;)

In the mean time, I would suggest using a feature that has been in the addon for several years no.... Category Content Image. Each Category lets you set a "Category Content Image", which is used in situations where there is no uploaded article cover image. Such a simple thing you guys can do, which would at least make things look good when there are no image attachments uploaded to the article (especially in @blatchy 's situation where he's importing content via RSS Feeder). Having Category Content Images in place until you can get to an article is much better than not having a Category Content Image set ;)

Do you have any idea or plan to add this feature to inside Articles?
I'm digging very simillar code from Xenforo addons.
But I really hope you will implement it.

Back