• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Slider Options: require image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
2.6 RC1 - Slider Option: require image is causing problems with the Slider.

Last edited by a moderator:
The slider isn't showing for me at all, its just empty.

Last edited:
That's because all of the new items don't have an image yet associated with them... hence the bug. They show up in the modular News II fine further down the page but with the "no image camera" image.

I turned back on the "image required" option for the slider and you can see that it now comes up normal.

The SLIDER requires Cover Images. There must be a new bug if its trying to include items without a Set Cover Image.

And there you go.... That is functionality for AMS that when I CLONED it, I forgot to REMOVE THE IMAGE REQUIRED OPTION (as it is NOT an option for the SC slider, but IS for the AMS slider), hence why I just SAID there must be a NEW BUG.

The BUG is that there is an AMS option (require image) that shouldn't be there. Im going to clean this thread up so that it prefects the actual bug.

This is now fixed in SC 2.6.0 RC2. I've modified the slider to now be able to use the Category and No Image helpers.

Last edited:
No worries... that's why I posted the bug. :) Thanks for the tip on the image change.

btw, I didn't remove the require image option, I've modified the Slider to be able to use the Category Image placeholder helper and No Image placeholder helper. So now THOSE people that WANT to display items without images in the slider can now do so and they have the OPTION to set a Category Image to make it look a bit nicer than the No Image placeholder image. This (IMO) is a better option than removing the "require image" option and making it so that only items with cover images can be displayed.

Selection_173.png

Awesome! Great solution.

btw, I didn't remove the require image option, I've modified the Slider to be able to use the Category Image placeholder helper and No Image placeholder helper. So now THOSE people that WANT to display items without images in the slider can now do so and they have the OPTION to set a Category Image to make it look a bit nicer than the No Image placeholder image. This (IMO) is a better option than removing the "require image" option and making it so that only items with cover images can be displayed.

View attachment 2818
FYI I installed RC2 and I'm seeing a blank space in the slider if "Image required" is NOT selected.

Screenshot 2016-05-20 at 9.38.55 PM.png

I followed all of the upgrade steps. Works normal if "Image Required" is selected.

Standby I think I figured out the problem...

Yes it's working now... :) I changed some settings around and it must have reset itself. Strange. I'd already saved the settings after the upgrade too. Turned off slider item description and then back on and voila... go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back