• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Setting Up Post Form (Pros/Cons not showing)

rastaX

SC Premium
I think I must be missing something somewhere. I've set up my categories, and enabled the pros/cons. Yet when I go into the Create Item form to post a review, I don't have them showing.

I seem to remember seeing somewhere a tab to set up the order and items in the post form, but I think I'm a little tab-drunk at the moment and can't seem to find anything like that anywhere.

Also, our Reviews will be written mostly by staff and possibly some by trusted members, but I would like to allow members to just rate items. Do I have to uncheck the box that requires a review in order to rate or does that setting only apply to the author? I want people to be able to give a rating as a simple click, but authors obviously should write a review.

Other questions to follow I'm sure, but first I'd like to get set up enough to start drafting some reviews. :rolleyes:

First you create an ITEM... THEN you can post a review for that ITEM. :) 2 steps for the user.

Also, our Reviews will be written mostly by staff and possibly some by trusted members, but I would like to allow members to just rate items. Do I have to uncheck the box that requires a review in order to rate or does that setting only apply to the author? I want people to be able to give a rating as a simple click, but authors obviously should write a review.

You should be able to do this just fine with permissions. Just create a new user group with more Showcase permissions and add members that you'd like to be able to write reviews to that user group.

PROs and CONS belong to USER REVIEWS (user reviews) which is a sub piece of content of an ITEM

Category
-- Showcase Item
-- -- User Review

If you want a PROs Field for the ITEM, then you can create an ITEM field name "Pros" (or Cons). You can even use the HTML Display output (a field setting) to format the "look" of the field (to make it look like the User Reviews "Pros & Cons".

What took you guys so long..........:LOL:

OK, got enough to continue. Good to know the support is so freakin' awesome!
Thanks
You'll get even faster (and more detailed) support if you create an account at the private development site for EA License holder support ;)

Haha, 4 years later, new version, new forum, same question. :rolleyes:

I want to add a Pros/Cons to my item fields. Not sure how to go about formatting it. I just want to have bulleted list as text is added. I suppose that can be formatted as it's posted, but is there a way to implement it so it will be done automatically during post? I'm guessing I would choose multi-line text box, but not sure which value to apply. Do I need to do both a pro and con field? Is that the Field Title? (if so can I format it, i.e. bold?) You won't offend me by talking down to me, I'm pretty code deficient. Thanks.

Showcase Item Fields and Review Fields are Core XF Custom Fields, so the answer to your question would be the same for Thread Fields, Resource Fields, Media Item Fields etc etc etc

There is no Field Type "bullet list", so the next best option would be Rich Text Box (which is the Core XF Editor), which allows your members to use the LIST BBCode as well as Colors (Red and Green).

You could do 1 field for both or 2 fields.

This would be similar to the built in Pros and Cons system for Showcase User Reviews.

You could also do multi-line text box, however, that does not allow BBCode, so its just raw text. You could however use the Value display HTML and Wrapper display HTML functions (on the General options area of a given custom field). This would require advanced knowledge of XF and a good understanding of LESS/CSS and HTML.

The other option is to hire a developer to extend Showcase and add in "Pros" and "Cons" functionality to a Showcase Item, which would let you design it to work however you wanted (I have a complex Pros and Cons system in RMS for Editor and User Reviews.

....I have a complex Pros and Cons system in RMS for Editor and User Reviews.
This is what I am talking about when I say hire someone to do custom work for you.

I have 2 inputs for adding Pros and Cons. Each Time you add a Pro or a Con, it adds a new input (admin controllable to a set amount of Pros or Cons).

Selection_240.png

Then on the content itself, its displayed like this (again, you could design the display however you wanted to if you are having something developed for you. This just happens to be what I did for RMS Editor and User Reviews (which any developer that knows what they are doing should not have any problem doing something similar for you).

Selection_241.png

Still responding lighning fast I see. :cool: (Oops, jumped ahead of my reply)

Ok, that'll work. The editor has built-in list shortcut, so no biggie. When I create the field, the item title can be formatted bold? i.e. PROS: CONS:

You could however use the Value display HTML and Wrapper display HTML functions (on the General options area of a given custom field). This would require advanced knowledge of XF and a good understanding of LESS/CSS and HTML.

This is probably what I had in mind, but obviously I don't have the knowledge and/or understanding to pull it off. I may consider hiring it out in the future if it turns into too much of a chore since I anticipate a very large number of entries. We'll see.

OK, I'm loving this add-on. Thanks, I'm well on my way.

Reactions: Bob
When I create the field, the item title can be formatted bold?
I am sure that its possible via Extra CSS (or via the Wrapper Display HTML). If you have a designer (like Pixel Exit or ThemeHouse), they should be able to help you out with design elements (they are the experts at that sorta stuff)

After setting it up and posting I can see all the titles are in the same graytone, which is fine. I'm pretty happy with this overall. I am using Themehouse and have a good buddy helping me out with graphics, so I'm sure we'll get it the way I like.

Reactions: Bob
Back