• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Resetting Survivor pools - Season postponements issue.

BIGLLC

Pick'em
With our football season now restarting, I have fired up Pickem again.

The issue I am having is that the Survivor pickem pools are now showing as closed with all players eliminated.

How can we reset them?

There is not a function for that, so it would have to be handled manually. If I can get phpMyAdmin and Admin CP access, I can do it for you. Start a conversation with me to discuss the process and provide me with the credentials :) Won't be able to get to it until sometime tomorrow tho.

If you don't want my help, you can always do it yourself via editing each player in the Pool.

Admin CP >> Pickem >> Pools

Click on the "Players" link for the specific Survivor Pool. This will bring up a listing of all the players that that specific Survivor Pool. You can edit EACH ONE (one by one) and reset that individual players pool data.

Example, here is a player in a Survivor Pool. You can see that there are several inputs (this being a triple elimination pool).

Selection_999(136).png

What you will want to do is re-set all of those to their initial settings:

Player status: Active
Strikes received: No strikes
Week strike 1 received: No strike
Week strike 2 received: No strike
Week strike 3 received: No strike
Week eliminated: Not eliminated

You'll need to do that for all the players in the Pool.

NOW... before doing this, make sure that there are not any weeks that are not going to be played... eg, if there is a WEEK for this actual week, but games in reality are not being played, you remove that week from the season before doing any of this "resetting", other wise, that week is going to be processed, whether the actual games are played or not and that is going to effect the system.

Anyway... if you have a lot of players in the pool, this process could take you awhile (which is why I volunteered my free time for a non support issue to help out a fellow sports nut). Im not a teacher and this is not something that I am going to write a guide or how-to for.

With that said, I do have plans to add a "Reset Pool" for Survivor pools. Not much good right now, but will come in handy in the future.

PS... another thing you could do would be to create a new pool and have all the members join the new pool. It would start with the current week of the season (we do this for Mid Season Pools).

Given a recent data breach, access to the database etc is kept pretty tight.

Thanks for your help - I never got to do it anyway. Might start from a later round.

Getting people to re-join a new pool just leaks players. Better to do as much for them as possible.

Back