• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Remove header pic from widget block?

click here

Showcase
How would I go about changing a widget header (showcase add-on) to look like all the other XF blocks? I would like the "Premium Builds" block (showcase) to look like the "GM Of The Month block".

showcase.png

to look like all the other XF blocks?
XF has two block header classes 'block-header' and 'block-minorHeader'. XF, XFRM and XFMG use both of them depending on the design and scope of the specific block.

Example, The Category Navigation block in both XFRM and XFMG use the 'block-header' class, where other sidenav or sidebar blocks (like Top resources) use the 'block-minorHeader' class.

Selection_165.png

I would like the "Premium Builds" block (showcase) to look like the "GM Of The Month block".
When asking about a Widget that you created from a widget definition, you need to include the name of the Widget Definition as I include several widget definitions with Showcase, plus the settings for that Widget (as my Widget Definitions are packed with options and some of those options (like display type) control what template is being used and what macro within that template is being used (again, which is driven by settings).

I can not tell by the screen shot what Showcase Widget Definition that is from. IIRC, the only "SIMPLE" display style (which is for use in a sidebar) that displays a large image is the "Simple - Carousel" (Simple Carousel is only an option in the Showcase Featured Items Widget Definition and the Showcase Latest Items Widget Definition) and that is designed on purpose to use the 'block-header' class (designed by Russ at Pixel Exit) and PAID FOR by someone that donated that Display style option back to the addon for everyone to use. So if that is the case, you'd have to edit the template and change the class (but I can't explain that to you until you provide a bit more information ;)

Anyway... let me know what Showcase Widget Definition you are using and what options settings you are using and I can point you into the right direction :) (you can provide that info to me privately if you don't want to post it here)

I DELETED MY CUSTOMIZATION POST AS IT WON"T WORK! Sorry about that!

That BLOCK has to have the Block Header as its not in a traditional sidebar container (as its a special container that is not really designed for being inside a sidebar block container (Russ can explain it better than I can).

I'll chat with Russ tomorrow to see if there is an easy customization that you can do (the one I posted WON'T WORK unfortunately).

I DELETED MY CUSTOMIZATION POST AS IT WON"T WORK! Sorry about that!

That BLOCK has to have the Block Header as its not in a traditional sidebar container (as its a special container that is not really designed for being inside a sidebar block container (Russ can explain it better than I can).

I'll chat with Russ tomorrow to see if there is an easy customization that you can do (the one I posted WON'T WORK unfortunately).
Yep, ok thanks

Back