• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Conversion from thread to article

PaulProe

SC Premium
Bob, question on how to use the 'convert from thread' feature. On this page Items , you will see two different articles, Prep for Car Shows and Prep for Driving.

I created the "Prep for Driving" by using the typical article creation method, you will see the article image as part of the listing.

I created the "Prep for Car Shows" by using the 'Showcase:convert thread to item' feature in the dropdown box. You'll notice it took the image from the thread and moved it to the top of the article instead of pasting it as the article header image.

Did I do something wrong in this process or is this a bug? Secondly, how do I get that header image to display in the article? I can edit the article but I don't see a way to change the image

The Showcase Cover Image is an UPLOADED IMAGE ATTACHMENT. My guess is that the Thread that you converted did NOT have any uploaded image attachments on the first post, just some hotlinked images in the post content. Hotlinked images are not uploaded attachments in the XF Attachments System, they are images uploaded to some remote site and then displayed in the body of the content. Those are not uploaded image attachments.

What you can do for threads that don't have an uploaded image attachment is to simply edit then before you run the convert process (using one of the hotlinked images and uploading that as a post image attachment) or as a post convert, do the same thing on the Showcase Item side (use one of the hotlinked images and upload that as an attachment to the item, which will set it as the cover image.

I can edit the article but I don't see a way to change the image
That is because the item does not have any uploaded image attachments.

When there are any UPLOADED IMAGE ATTACHMENTS (via the core XF Attachment System), then the system will automatically choose 1 of those uploaded image attachments as the cover image. Also, if there is more than 1 uploaded image attachments, there will be a feature called "Set cover image" which lets you choose any of the available uploaded image attachments to use as the Cover Image.

Here you can see the "Set cover image" link in the Showcase Item More Options dropdown. It only displays if there are any uploaded image attachments.

Selection_387.png

Clicking on it , lets you choose any of the uploaded image attachments to use as the cover image.

Selection_388.png

Secondly, how do I get that header image to display in the article?
You re-enable the showcase option "Display cover image in the header area". This option is enabled by default. meaning that you disabled it.

Also, the "Display cover image in sidebar block" is disabled by default and you have it enabled. You can enable both, but its probably best for page load speed of you only enable one (and I'd suggest the header vs sidebar).

Selection_390.png

Back