1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Remove ATTACH text

Discussion in 'AMS Support' started by Davyc, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Davyc

Davyc New Member AMS Showcase UBS Premium

Hey Bob

Loving the new AMS system, but is there someway of removing the word [ ATTACH ] from the sidebar listings?

upload_2016-8-7_8-51-38.png

It's not a major issue but it's not really necessary.

With thanks as always

:)

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

That is because of a Core XenForo function (part of the snippet template helper). Its been a topic of discussion on xenforo.com for years now. Lots of people want it removed, but the XF Developers won't budge.

drastic likes this.
  3. Davyc

Davyc New Member AMS Showcase UBS Premium

Thanks for the reply Bob - I can understand why it's been a topic of discussion and I'm surprised that it hasn't been acted upon; but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it lol.

:)

4. drastic

drastic New Member AMS Premium LD Premium

It appears when you share things on Facebook and when parsing RSS feeds if you syndicate one site to another.

It's one of those things that I literally cannot stand because it makes your social shares look hideous when real users share things.

Hopefully XF fixes it for XF2.

Bob likes this.
  5. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

completely agree. They really need to have a snippet helper that REMOVES those damn things.

sami simo and drastic like this.
  6. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member AMS Premium CAS Premium EMS Early Adopter IMS Premium LD Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

I had an addon developed to remove this from AMS snippets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.