• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Recent Comments WF renderer customization?

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hey Bob, I was wondering if it's possible to change the template to show the Item thumbnail instead of the commenter's avatar in the list of recent comments.

Here's the code in the nflj_showcase_wf_recent_comments template I was looking at:

Code:
<xen:avatar user="$comment" size="s" img="true" href="{xen:link showcase/comment, $comment}" class="NoOverlay" />

Can that be edited or are there code edits needed too?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I am fetching only minimal Comment Data to keep the result size low (because of how the [bd] WF caches widgets). It would require programming to modify the Renderer to change the fetching methods to include joins to fetch the full item record with each comment (which is large) as well as preparing that content (which is needed for the preparing of the cover image so that it can be used by the helper).

Gotcha. I'd rather not slow the page load down to achieve this. Thanks for the quick reply...

Back