• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Question about Tags

NinaMcI

Showcase
Hi. I've noticed that on selecting a particular tag from the tag cloud, it doesn't pull up all the items which have been tagged accordingly.
Why might that be?

Hi. I've noticed that on selecting a particular tag from the tag cloud, it doesn't pull up all the items which have been tagged accordingly.
Why might that be?

a couple things. PERMISSIONS (do you have permission to view ALL of them). GRID VIEW Layout. If you have the Tags page in GRID VIEW and you have the option of "Require Image" and some of those don't have images, they won't be displayed.

I created every item and can go into every item individually, so I'm assuming it isn't a permissions issue?
The Tags page is set in List view.
Is there any other reason you can think of?

none that I can think of. I'd have to see in action what its doing. Send me an inbox with a login that has the same exact permissions as you have so that I can see it in action.

Same here, on my tag page I cannot see the item I have tagged and also, when I edit the tag in my admincp, I see 5 threads & events are tagged, but not the showcase item!

This thread is referring to the OLD Legacy Tags system that used to be in Showcase. He was having an issue with the Showcase Tag Cloud. That entire system has been removed and replaced with the Core XF Tags Handler.

With that said, can you reproduce the issue YOU are having here? eg, create the same item here (you have full permissions to do so), add tags to it and then look at the Core XF Tag Cloud on the search page. If its working here and not on your site, then I will need access to your site to troubleshoot (just like I did with the above individual). I'll also need DB access (phpMyAdmin) so that I can see what data is in the "Tags" related tables (both core XF and Showcase). Just shoot me login credentials via inbox with any special instructions. More than happen to check things out :)

Back