• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Prefixs for Showcase Items

lots, but its far from being released. Im shooting for a major update next month.

I don't have a time frame, but a lot has already been done and a lot more is left to complete before a major release. I might push out a maintenance update first, but it won't have any major new functionality like this in it.

No, its just single prefix (same architecture as core XF for consistency).

I Really Need a Multi prefix or some sort of filtering process to only show listing based on at least two categories.
Cant you use Tags and Prefixes to do that?

How do you filter on tags?

A Tag IS a filter. Clicking on a Tag brings up all articles that have that TAG. That IS the definition of a FILTER.

Here is a PRIME example..

The TAG Cloud IS a filtering system on its own as it is designed to list items that are tagged with a specific tag (that is the definition of filtering). Here we click on the tag "1969" which brings up 4 showcase items. The tag result page can be sorted and further filtered to really narrow down results (see next screen shot)
Selection_761.png

So here we are going to further filter the 1969 list down to only showcase items that have the Prefix "Auction". AS you can see, now only showcase items that are tagged 1969 and have the Auction Prefix are listed. But we also want to see only "Featured" items... so lets add another filter.. (see next screen shot)
Selection_762.png

Here we now have TWO filters in place (Featured AND Auction)... It only takes SECONDS to drill down to really fine results.
Selection_763.png

Last edited:
I Really Need a Multi prefix or some sort of filtering process to only show listing based on at least two categories.

Multi Prefixes won't do you any good because what you want (filtering by Category) isn't even an option. If people want category specific results, they go to that specific category and then use prefixes and the filter system to further narrow down. If you are using the Showcase Index page, then ALL Categories come into play (as they should).

Can you give me an example (real world scenario) that you are trying to accomplish?

This way of combining tags and prefixes to filter is quite useful.

This way of combining tags and prefixes to filter is quite useful.

ya, but still has a lot of room for improvement. Would be nice to say filter by tag right ON a specific category page (for example)

Would be nice to say filter by tag right ON a specific category page (for example)
I am trying to wrap my head around the most optimal way to filter. For some things you just cant make categories or prefixes. For example: You can make categories for each car brand. That would already be a load of categories. Then maybe some prefixes for different types of articles. But how do we allow people to filter down to the exact type of car? It would be impossible to add thousands of categories. Asides from search we do have tags. So a category filter based on tags would be cool to have. Sort of a faceted search.

I am trying to wrap my head around the most optimal way to filter. For some things you just cant make categories or prefixes. For example: You can make categories for each car brand. That would already be a load of categories. Then maybe some prefixes for different types of articles. But how do we allow people to filter down to the exact type of car?
I would perhaps have categories as types of cars i.e. coupes, 4wds etc. And then i would use tags for each item such as car brand, model, colour or other distinguishable features. Using these you should be able to get to whatever you want. If you need further filtering you can use sorting. If you setup your categories, tags and prefixes properly they can be used to pretty much filter to whatever you want.

I personally only use categories and tags as they are more than useful for me, but for others prefixes can help even further.

Back