• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Planning ahead: What are the future of AMS with the XF 2.2 release?

palhanow

AMS
Hello again Bob.

Since the XF is going on full mode to release the 2.2 version and my entire site depends solid on your AMS add-on, I'm going ahead to plan my future update.

My main concern is the 2.2 version have a article like posting, nothing compared to AMS itself and i don't want to drop your add-on for nothing in this world.

Your add-on is my initial page, so, XF 2.2 again can't compete with this.

So, just asking, you pretend to keep AMS going on XF 2.2? Any major modifications? Integration of some kind of article postings with XF 2.2?

Just to be clear, I'm not going to update my XF to 2.2 until you are ready to release a compatible version for this.

Your work is amazing and XF should hire you to take the XF project entirely ;)

keep AMS going on XF 2.2?
The development of all my addons (to include AMS), will continue on just like it has for the past 10 years.

Any major modifications?
I won't be getting into anything AMS 2.2 specific right now, as now is not the appropriate time.

Integration of some kind of article postings with XF 2.2?
AMS isn't going to turn into a Thread Type if that is what you are asking (nor will it use any thread types for that matter). AMS will remain as is (a powerful/flexible/highly configurable standalone Article System).

Just to be clear, I'm not going to update my XF to 2.2 until you are ready to release a compatible version for this.
All my addons are compatible with and run just fine on XF 2.2.0 Beta 1 for the most part (except for the associated discussion thread functionality). There are only 2 known backwards compatibility issues and only 1 of those applied to my addons and that issue (name change of the Zend Framework) was addressed in a recent maintenance release.

Note: I would hold off upgrading any important sites (like your lives sites) until I push out XF 2.2. versions of my addons as there are some KNOWN issues (like the associated discussion threads which needs to be re coded due to the new Thread Types system).

Last edited:
Reactions: sbj
This addon works with xf 2.2 check
Code:
https://www.dimeforum.com/articles/
everything works well and i think you can compare article system with AMS
Not everything! The associated discussion threads functionality does not work correctly due to changes in the discussion architecture (thread types). This will require some code modification (quite a bit actually), but will be one of the first updated that I work on for AMS 2.2.0 Beta 1.

Not everything! The associated discussion threads functionality does not work correctly due to changes in the discussion architecture (thread types). This will require some code modification (quite a bit actually), but will be one of the first updated that I work on for AMS 2.2.0 Beta 1.
I think I have been getting those warning bet it doesn't affect me much... looking forward to the updates.

Back