• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Permission to allow all users to Reply to a Review

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Currently only the Showcase Item owner can reply to a review. I'd be great to have the a permission that would allow any user to reply to a review.

Thanks @Bob! Awesome work as always!

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just so you know, its more than just a permission, its an entire SYSTEM that would be needed. What you are wanting is a Review Reply system similar to Comment Reply system. This would be a fairly significant bit of programming.

Just so you know, its more than just a permission, its an entire SYSTEM that would be needed. What you are wanting is a Review Reply system similar to Comment Reply system. This would be a fairly significant bit of programming.
Huh... I figured if an item owner could reply it's a simple permission for someone else to reply to a review but I guess not! :) I'm guessing it's because there's only one slot in the db for one person (owner) to reply to a review? No need to respond in detail on that.

Well - it'd be a neat feature to have in the future - but more complicated than I thought...

The Author Reply is nothing more than a SINGLE FIELD within the Rating record itself.

What YOU want is an entire SYSTEM that has its on REPLY Table that will store RECORDS for EACH REPLY (just like Comment Replies). A Controller with actions to Create Reply, Save Reply, Edit Reply, Save the Edit, Delete Reply, Like Report, Report Reply, Warn Reply, several methods added to the Review Model to handle all the fetching/preparing and permissions for all those new functions, DataWriter to handle the new table for insert/update operations, Handlers (like, Newsfeed, alert, spam, search, moderationqueue, moderator log etc), phrases (a ton of them), templates (dozens of them to handle Views, newsfeeds, alerts etc).

So ya, its MORE than just a Permission as 99% of whats needed isn't there.

The Author Reply is nothing more than a SINGLE FIELD within the Rating record itself.

What YOU want is an entire SYSTEM that has its on REPLY Table that will store RECORDS for EACH REPLY (just like Comment Replies). A Controller with actions to Create Reply, Save Reply, Edit Reply, Save the Edit, Delete Reply, Like Report, Report Reply, Warn Reply, several methods added to the Review Model to handle all the fetching/preparing and permissions for all those new functions, DataWriter to handle the new table for insert/update operations, Handlers (like, Newsfeed, alert, spam, search, moderationqueue, moderator log etc), phrases (a ton of them), templates (dozens of them to handle Views, newsfeeds, alerts etc).

So ya, its MORE than just a Permission as 99% of whats needed isn't there.
Wow. That is alot. The more you know. :)

In the meantime in my case I'm instructing the user to write a rebuttal review for the same item.

Back