• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Options to change the point system

mrb1972

Pick'em
An option to change the points scoring, especially for the draw game

example
Home Win = 1pt
Draw = 2pt
Away Win = 3pt

Thanks

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is something that I will consider doing in 1.x as long as it doesn't require any major architectural changes, otherwise I won't consider it until a major release (like 2.x) where a lot of code refactoring will happen. It is something that I have on the white board, just hadn't added it to the "to do" feature list.

Thanks, no problem I am just throwing out ideas based on feedback i'm getting, Having 3 points for an away win adds a bit of extra risk and makes the game a bit more tactical - thanks

Reactions: Bob
Thanks, no problem I am just throwing out ideas based on feedback i'm getting, Having 3 points for an away win add a bit of extra risk and makes the game a bit more tactical - thanks

makes perfect sense to me and enhances the addon, so I am all for it. Just need to do a lil R&D before committing it to a specific version of the addon.

btw, before I get too much deeper, I wanted to make sure it was OK that I am doing this via the POOL management and not Global Options that apply to every pool. I personally think it would be much nicer to be able to set each pool differently than to be stuck with ONE global option for this.

btw, before I get too much deeper, I wanted to make sure it was OK that I am doing this via the POOL management and not Global Options that apply to every pool. I personally think it would be much nicer to be able to set each pool differently than to be stuck with ONE global option for this.
Yes that makes sense , i agree

Reactions: Bob
Another quick question is how you want the results sorted... by number of correct picks, then by points or by points and then the number of correct picks? I could probably make that a per pool option as well as I can see doing it either way.

Sorting by correct picks, then by points would look like this:

Picks | Points
11 | 14.50
11 | 14.00
11 | 13.75
10 | 14.00
9 | 14.50

This way is useful for leagues that value making the correct pick over points, but then use the points to help determine any tie breakers.

Sorting by points then by correct picks would look like this:

Picks | Points
11 | 14.50
9 | 14.50
11 | 14.00
10 | 14.00
11 | 13.75

This way is useful for leagues that value the highest points made vs number of correct picks, but use the number of correct picks to help determine tie breaker situations.

I just made it a per Pool Setting (edit the pool and switch at any point).

btw, I should have an update by next week :) Points stuff is all done and working like a charm!

down to cosmetics, code clean up and TEST TEST TEST before release. If you are interested in beta testing, let me know.

sorry for the delay, ran into a an issue that needed to be resolved first and it took awhile to come up with a "decent" solution. Back to track on beta testing. If I can't get any volunteers, I will have to release as beta (which means no immediate bug fixing support for sites that are running it in production).

Back