• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Option to disable Pros and Cons per category

3rd angle

Showcase
I need to disable the pros and cons in review for few categories..... how can we achieve this? I know if it is left blank it doesn't show anything... but that would confuse my users.

We need to disable pros/ cons and author ratings for some categories... plz give us this option

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The only way you could do it now would be via some Template Modification (wrap the input fields on the forms with conditionals to display for only specific categoryId's).

If you'd like, I can convert this thread into a Suggestion as it would probably be a useful addition to be able to enable/disable them per category.

The only way you could do it now would be via some Template Modification (wrap the input fields on the forms with conditionals to display for only specific categoryId's).
Am okay with it until it becomes part of the core... which template do we edit for this?

Even tho SC 2.5.0 has been feature locked for several weeks now, I was able to find some spare time this AM to sneak this in while testing.

There is a NEW Rating System Type option: 'Allow Pros & Cons'. When enabled, the Pros & Cons fields will be enabled on the Review Input form. These fields are still OPTIONAL. When disabled, the Pros & Cons fields will NOT be displayed on the input form.

Being that there is existing data involved, the Upgrade process will set this option to ENABLED for all Categories that are currently set to "Rate & Review".

Selection_606.png

NOTE: Disabling this option for existing Category's that have Items with User Reviews that have existing Pros & Cons data will NOT delete the existing pros & cons data. It will simply not display the existing data. This is so that if you change your mind, the existing Pros & Cons data will still be available for each review.

Last edited:
Back